FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Male---Baton Rouge, LA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[*]Sex: Male
  • Age as of posting date: 29
  • Birthdate: 12/15/1978
  • Patron Saint by Confirmation: St. Michael
  • Number of children (e.g. born from: former valid marriage that ended in death of spouse; invalid marriage; rape; past sins, etc. No need to enter details here! Just list number of children you care for): None
  • Would you relocate if you met the right person? Of Course
  • EF, SSPX, both, or other? EF
  • Novus Ordo if that's all there is? Yes, but fortuneatly I am blessed
  • Introvert or extravert? Extravert
  • Keirsey personality type: Guardian
  • Ethnic heritage: German and Irish
  • Is meeting someone of like ethnicity very important to you, just a bonus, or unimportant?  Both unimportant and a bonus
  • Is there an ideal age range for the person you'd like to marry? How important is this? 24-34...not set in stone by any means
  • In what manner do you interpret the Church's approval of NFP? I accept it
  • What would the headship of the husband look like in your idea home? I would be the head of the household as God intended, however, that doesn't mean that my wife's opinion or feelings would not be a priority...I would gladly share in the chores and responsibilities and do everything in my power to provide for my family and to ensure their security, happiness, and spiritual growth. 
  • How do you feel about women working outside the home? If that is what they desire to do, I would not stop them...however, when kids become a part of the equation, I think that raising them should take priority over everything.
  • How do you feel about women in pants?  If they are wearing bedtime clothes or clothes to work around the house, then that is fine...but I am not a fan of women wearing pants...especially to Mass, but it isn't something I would fight over.
  • Of the seven deadly sins (pride, greed, gluttony, sloth, lust, anger, envy), which is the most challenging for you?  Anger---i.e. , road rage or lack of tolerance for incompetence.
  • What would others say are your annoying habits or bothersome attributes?  No annoying habits...but I love debating...I yearn for knowledge and it is very enjoyable to get into a discussion with someone on various topics...and having that person challenge my intellect
  • What are the most important things you desire in a spouse?  Catholic, Honesty, Loyalty, Fidelity, Sense of humor, Trust, My best friend
  • Things you absolutely would not tolerate in a potential spouse: Protestant, infidelity, drugs, gambling, poor family relationships, lying
  • What, if anything, have you learned from past relationships with the opposite sex?  Apparently nothing, or I wouldn't be here posting this right now
  • Political ideals: Ultra Conservative
  • Education: B.A. from The Citadel, The Military College of SC
  • Employment: Full time...Operations Manager/Project manager
  • Health: Great
  • Allergies: None Known
  • Smoke? No
  • Drink? Socially/Occasionally
  • Night owl or morning lark? Both
  • How messy or disorganized are you? Very neat and organized...neat freak
  • What makes you laugh? Just about anything...I am very laid back and easy going...I love to joke around
  • What are the little things that please or delight you? Someone that can help me grow in my relationship with God.
  • What would you like to be doing in 10 years ideally? If you continue on your present course and don't meet the person of your dreams, what do you think you actually will be doing  given your gifts and goals?  Ideally...retired and travelling the world.  Realistically, if I don't meet the woman of my dreams...then I see myself moving up in my company...I am already the #3 person in the company and within 10 years, I could realistically be right under the President.
  • Intellectual interests:  Reading, Debating, Think tanks
  • Hobbies: Reading, Hunting, Fishing, Exercising, Knights of Columbus
  • Talents: what are you good at? Baseball, History, Theology
  • Top 5 Favorite books of all time:  Story of Soul; The Dolorous Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ; Imitation of Christ; Rise, Let us be on our Way; The Dark Night of The Soul
  • The last 5 books you read (don't lie!). Are these books typical of you?: Story of Soul; Parish Priest; The Lords of Discipline; The Myth of Hitler's Pope; and No Man Is an Island....Yes it is
  • Music you actually listen to most often: Classical, Country, Classic Rock
  • Favorite movies/TV shows: The Passion, The Departed, The Godfather, The Cardinal, Bells of St. Marys, Going My Way, Rescue Me, The Shield, Nip Tuck
  • Favorite foods: Sushi/Shashimi, Steak, Italian, Mexican, Chinese
  • Serious pet peeves: Talking with your mouth full, smacking, being rude, women cursing, Holding hands during the Our Father, Cafeteria Catholics
  • Pets you have, pets you desire, pets you'd put up with:  I have one dog...a bloodhound, and his name is Dakota
  • Idea of a romantic evening:  Going to watch a good wholesome movie, followed by a wonderful dinner...then maybe a little trip to the Adoration Chapel to pray together. 
    [Image: l_089a9e9e0bdcb19cb7387d033b2bfcd4.jpg]
    Please don't ask me to explain...
    [Image: 1566282742_l.jpg]
    Me (far right) during our 5 year reunion for The Citadel
    [Image: 1015689772_l.jpg]
    Me (on right) when it snowed one day on campus
    [Image: 1015686975_l.jpg]
    Me (2nd from left)...just hanging out with some buddies
    [Image: l_6084a305607cd3c477e8b90f48b70283.jpg]
    This is Dakota...my bloodhound
  • Well I don't want to derail any discernment to the Priesthood...we certainly need HOLY priests. So, I'll just say "hi" and leave it at that. God Bless.
    Im4gzusgrl Wrote:Well I don't want to derail any discernment to the Priesthood...we certainly need HOLY priests. So, I'll just say "hi" and leave it at that. God Bless.
    Huh?  Where did you get that from? He's looking for a potential spouse, not discerning the priesthood. Looks like a nice guy too.
    missfluffy - check out his member profile and blog.
    In all fairness...a priest told me that I should not exclude the possibility of dating/meeting my future spouse as part of my discernment...whichever vocation I choose must be with full knowledge and consent of my will...and I am unable to do that if I completely ignore one of my possible vocations.
    thanks for the clarification :)
    Yay! Another Louisianian! :D [Image: cheerleader.gif]