FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Here I go!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
  • Sex: Female

• Age as of posting date: 30

• Birthdate: July 13

• Patron Saint by Confirmation: I was received into the Church in 2000, having gone through RCIA, but unfortunately was never offered the opportunity to have a confirmation name.  [Image: frown.gif]

• Number of children (e.g. born from: former valid marriage that ended in death of spouse; invalid marriage; rape; past sins, etc. No need to enter details here! Just list number of children you care for): None

• Would you relocate if you met the right person? Yes.

• EF, SSPX, both, or other? EF

• Novus Ordo if that's all there is? Yes, although I'll continue to pray for the chance to attend a Tridentine Mass regularly.

• Introvert or extravert? I'm a bit of an introvert, actually.

• Keirsey personality type: I'm somewhere between an ISNJ and ISFJ.

• Ethnic heritage: French, Scottish, Irish. I was adopted, so there might be a little more in my bloodline, but as of now, those are the ethnicities that I know for certain I have.

• Is meeting someone of like ethnicity very important to you, just a bonus, or unimportant? It isn't very important, to be honest.

• Is there an ideal age range for the person you'd like to marry? How important is this? I used to be picky about this and say that I would never date anyone more than four years older, but I've become less stringent about this.

• In what manner do you interpret the Church's approval of NFP? I think it's a good thing if you look at the choices--artificial contraception which leaves no room for God to grant the gift of life, or NFP, which still leaves a couple open and receptive to more children. I'm not sure if I explained myself correctly, so I beg forgiveness if I sound a bit muddled.

• What would the headship of the husband look like in your idea home? I believe that the husband should be the head of the household, that he should ultimately make the final decision regarding matters both small and large, but before doing so, he listens to my opinions and takes them into account.

• How do you feel about women working outside the home? I would do it if I had to, such as if my husband became seriously ill or injured and could no longer work.

• How do you feel about women in pants? Although I think that women should not wear pants, I'm still vacillating between wearing them and not wearing them in public on most days--I suppose I still need a bit of encouragement when it comes to that; however, I refuse to wear anything but dresses when it comes to the Mass.

• Of the seven deadly sins (pride, greed, gluttony, sloth, lust, anger, envy), which is the most challenging for you? Pride has been my biggest challenge to overcome. I hate being prideful, but it always pops up, especially when it comes to forgiving people who have hurt me in the past. It's my pride that keeps me from willingly and totally forgiving someone.

• What would others say are your annoying habits or bothersome attributes? I can be a bit clingy sometimes, I'll admit. As much as I try not to be, I can be selfish at times, and I can complain too much about things that I have no control over.

• What are the most important things you desire in a spouse? He has to be Catholic--there are no ifs, ands, or buts about that; sense of humor; preferably a non-smoker; willing to stand up for what is right; chivalrous

• Things you absolutely would not tolerate in a potential spouse: Dislike for anything traditional; abusive, either in a physical or verbal way;
    unwilling to provide for his family

• What, if anything, have you learned from past relationships with the opposite sex? I've learned never to become someone I'm not just to keep the affections of someone I'm with.

• Political ideals: Very conservative Republican

• Education: College Graduate (BGS 2005)

• Employment: I'm currently back in school in a medical office assistant program, but I hope to find work in a hospital when I graduate.

• Health: Hypoglycemic

• Allergies: I really don't have a lot of allergies any more. I guess I grew out of them.  [Image: smile.gif]

• Smoke?  No

• Drink? No.

• Night owl or morning lark? Night owl, definitely.

• How messy or disorganized are you?  I'm creatively organized. [Image: biggrin.gif]

• What makes you laugh? My dog, silly jokes

• What are the little things that please or delight you?  Having the door held open for me, having my chair pulled out from the table for me, being given flowers (it could be something as simple as the little flowers growing in the grass) for no reason at all...really, just being treated courteously.

• What would you like to be doing in 10 years ideally? If you continue on your present course and don't meet the person of your dreams, what do you think you actually will be doing  given your gifts and goals?  I would like to be working in a doctor's office or a hospital as my full-time job, and I would love to volunteer in a pro-life office or something else to do with the pro-life movement.

• Intellectual interests: Learning Latin, learning more about the  Faith

• Hobbies: Reading, writing, singing, crocheting, knitting, sewing (though I'm still learning how), listening to music

• Talents: what are you good at? Singing, playing the flute, writing,

• Top 5 Favorite books of all time: The Bible (Douay-Rheims), "A Moment In Time"--Bertrice Small, "Green Darkness"--Anya Seton, "Confessions"--St. Augustine, "Gone With the Wind"--Margaret Mitchell

• The last 5 books you read (don't lie!). Are these books typical of you?: St. Augustine's "Confessions," "The Lamb's Supper"--Scott Hahn, "Surprised By Truth"--Patrick Madrid, "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire"--J.K. Rowling, "Bledding Sorrow"--Marilyn Harris (currently reading). This is typical of me...I read from a variety of genres.

• Music you actually listen to most often: 80s music, Renaissance polyphony, Gregorian chant, opera

• Favorite movies/TV shows: "Gone With the Wind," "Ghost Hunters," "Kitchen Nightmares," "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith," "Lemony Snicket's 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' "

• Favorite foods: Seafood, alligator, pizza, Chinese food, Mexican food...

• Serious pet peeves: People who drive and talk on their cell phones at the same time; cell phones ringing in the middle of Mass, loud talking right before Mass, when it's meant to be time for prayerful contemplation

• Pets you have, pets you desire, pets you'd put up with: I have very spoiled Golden Retriever named Chloe, though I'd love to have another German Shepherd. I don't like cats...I don't think I could even put up with them. I could, however, tolerate a parrot or parakeet or some other member of the feathered species. [Image: biggrin.gif]

• Idea of a romantic evening: I would love to go walking by a river or a pond or just walk around a park for a while, maybe go out to dinner at a nice (but not ridiculously expensive) restaurant. Playing billiards always works, too, as would an outing to some sort of sporting event.
Can you just pick a saint's name and use it?

I use my chosen name as part of my official name although it isn't legally part of it (it is always in my signature)
I could use Anne, since my middle name is DeAnne.
Ah...are you feeling sad because no one is posting here? Poor Munda_cor_meum...
Actually, I'm not feeling sad. If it's God's will for me to meet someone on here, then I will. If not, He knows best, not me. :D
Munda_cor_meum Wrote:Actually, I'm not feeling sad. If it's God's will for me to meet someone on here, then I will. If not, He knows best, not me. :D

That's good. I don't think anyone has actually had sucess anyways.
Rex_Tremendae Wrote:
Munda_cor_meum Wrote:Actually, I'm not feeling sad. If it's God's will for me to meet someone on here, then I will. If not, He knows best, not me. :D

That's good. I don't think anyone has actually had success anyways.

Success as in actually getting married?  No.  Bear in mind that this sub-forum hasn't even been around for 6 months.  Give it time.  :P

Ok. Move to Scranton and marry me.

If God wills it, you won't be creeped out by this random proposal from a strange person. If you aren't creeped out however, I shall be.
LaRoza Wrote:

If God wills it, you won't be creeped out by this random proposal from a strange person. If you aren't creeped out however, I shall be.

Now that is the way to propose!!
LaRoza Wrote:

I'm beginning to understand why we (Trads) all have a reputation for being slightly nuts.  :P
Pages: 1 2 3