FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Catholic Novels and other Literature about The Apocalypse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
<style></style>Can anyone suggest End Times novels and stories in the vein of the evangelical Left Behind series, only Catholic?  I am aware of the following: "Tale of the Anti-Christ" by Vladimir Solovyev (short story, actually); Lord of the World and The Dawn of All by Msgr. Robert Hugh Benson; The Last Fisherman: A Novel of the Last Pope, the Antichrist and the End of the Age by Randy England; and Father Elijah: An Apocalypse by Michael D. O'Brien.  Anything else? 
Miquelot Wrote:Can anyone suggest End Times novels

You forgot The Audacity of Hope.
Sorry, couldn't resist as Dooms Day approaches (AKA: the Inauguration).

Miquelot Wrote:<STYLE></STYLE> Father Elijah: An Apocalypse by Michael D. O'Brien. 

In a world thats filled with too many classics to read in one lifetime is this worth spending the time to read?  I've always heard very good things about it.
If non-fiction then I'd recommend the Book of Destiny by Fr, Herman B Kramer.
Walty Wrote:
Miquelot Wrote:<STYLE></STYLE> Father Elijah: An Apocalypse by Michael D. O'Brien. 

In a world thats filled with too many classics to read in one lifetime is this worth spending the time to read?  I've always heard very good things about it.

It's excellent--I've read it several times, along with the other books in the series by Michael O'Brian.

Another book that is eminently readable, although not exactly apocalyptic, is "The Red Horse" by Eugenio Corti--however, it is extremely long.
Could we have more information on "The Red Horse"? For some reason I had thought that that book was about Italy in the past not a book about the future and eschatology.
And an oldie; The Canticle of Liebowitz, or St. Liebowitz and the Wild Horse Woman by Walter Miller. The first one is really good and the second is just good. Miller suffered from some mental illness and committed suicide. The first one won sci-fi awards and he uses quite a bit of Latin especially for that genre.
Walty Wrote:

I finished this book a couple of days ago. I couldn't put it down.
Any Dean Koontz fans? I kinda like "The Taking."
All of Walker Percy's books deal with Catholicism (favorably) in some form or another. The one with some apocalyptic tendencies is Love in the Ruins. Its glorious subtitle is: The adventures of a bad Catholic at a time near the end of the world.

His last novel, The Thanatos Syndrome, deals more acutely with the evils of abortion and the moral degradation of society.

Both books are....rather weird reads.
Pages: 1 2 3