FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Boycott Cambells soup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
didishroom Wrote:yes!  good men, do nothing!  allow evil to flourish.
You're not buying a can won't make a difference at all. And since it's not a sin to buy a can, what's the big deal?
No offense but personally these little boycotts are silly and seem to be just a way to make people think they are making a difference when it's not. It's lazy activism. You want campbell to stop donating to immoral things?; get big and loud about it. Not "I'll buy Progresso tonight. There I sure showed them!"
Actually if 20 million people did just that it would.
Your deductions on how boycotts are not effective are totally inaccurate. When these big corporations like Cambell start even feeling the smallest effect of the slightest reduction due in part to a boycott they change their tune in a hurry, believe me, the "gay" ads will disappear in a heartbeat when the dollars stop trickling in.

One man(or woman) can make a difference, don't fool yourself.
Maybe someone whose memory is better than mine can help me out here, but I sorta remember back in the late '80s or early '90s, Idaho was going to adopt some kind of abortion restriction and the pro-aborts managed to put a stop to it by boycotting Idaho potatoes. Yes, boycotting does work, but I think you probably have to let the manufacturers or farmers know why you're not buying their products.
didishroom Wrote:yes!  good men, do nothing!  allow evil to flourish.
You're not buying a can won't make a difference at all. And since it's not a sin to buy a can, what's the big deal?
No offense but personally these little boycotts are silly and seem to be just a way to make people think they are making a difference when it's not. It's lazy activism. You want campbell to stop donating to immoral things?; get big and loud about it. Not "I'll buy Progresso tonight. There I sure showed them!"

yes!  good men, do nothing!!  Let evil flourish!!!
Wow, you have the capabilites of a parrot! Good for you.
didishroom Wrote:Wow, you have the capabilites of a parrot! Good for you.

yeah...sure, ok.  

snap your fingers, didi--go ahead snap 'em!  you just changed the world.
God bless Internet archives. Looky what I found:

Veto of Idaho Abortion Bill Is Possible