FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Williamson Will Reinvestigate The Evidence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bet this story is going to die within days unless Williamson's investigation is going to be disputed.

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/

Williamson: "If I find I was wrong, I will apologize"
Swedish network warned beforehand
In declarations to German weekly Der Spiegel, Bishop Richard Williamson, of the Priestly Fraternity of Saint Pius X (FSSPX / SSPX), claims he will apologize if he finds out he was wrong. As reported by Reuters:
Quote:

Asked why he had not apologized for his comments, Williamson told Germany's Spiegel magazine: "If I should discover that I have been at fault, then I will do so."

"I ask everyone to believe me that I did not deliberately say something false. I was, on the basis of my research in the 1980s, convinced of the accuracy of my comments," he told the weekly in an interview released on Saturday.

"Now I must examine everything again and look at the evidence," he added.

British-born Williamson apologized to the pope late last month for the "unnecessary distress and problems" he caused him. But he did not recant or take back the Holocaust comments, which he called "imprudent."

Meanwhile, Kreuz.net reports that Williamson's lawyers contacted the Swedish broadcaster SVT before the interview was made public. Chris Gillibrand, of Catholic Church Conservation:

Quote:
The General Superior of the Fraternity, Bishop Bernard Fellay, sent a fax before the broadcast to the television:

"It is shameful, to use an interview about religious issues to discuss secular and controversial issues, with the obvious intention of the work of our religious society disfiguring and slander."

Bishop Williamson also had sent a letter to the television station before the broadcast.

His lawyer said: "We call on you not to publish in whole or in any Part, the interview on the Internet or otherwise ."
Bishop Williamson vs. the Media

[Image: judo.jpg]
Quote:
I ask everyone to believe me that I did not deliberately say something false.

Well, he does seem to open the door to the possibility that he may have been mistaken in his facts -- which he will now review....

Quote:Now I must examine everything again and look at the evidence

Good for him.  I hope he finds some good sources for his research.

I believe this is the last thing Williamson's enemies wanted to hear. 

They are reduced to the following reactions:

1) The reject what he says and they insist that he take the Holocaust on Faith. Therefore exposing it as a pseudo religious dogma.

2) They promote the investigation of it and give credibility and publicity to historical review of the events in question. 

3) They quietly let the whole issue die and look for underhanded ways to destroy Williamson at a later date. 

For now, it's Checkmate and the game goes to His Excellency.

Or the enemies will twist things and say that Bishop Williamson is being disobedient to the Pope here.

All this I hope leads to a clear definition of "Anti-Semitism". The Bishop should actually ask his accusers to define it.

Well I think the Bishop should just say that he is leaving this discussion to the historians and so he will say "I am not competent to have an opinion on the matter."

However the Jews will claim that the facts are all in, and that the historians have consensus....and so he has to accept the official story.

Bp Williamson would need a high level academic to step in and say that rational minds can hold contrary opinions on this matter because there are too many holes in the official narrative....

If this doesn't happen, then Bp Williamson will have to accept the official story.

The problem is Bishop Williamson is more than competent to have an opinion or make an objective conclusion. 

I'll say it again, This is not about Williamson, this is not about the Holocaust.  This is about attacking the Catholic Church. 

Williamson has dared to use his God-given right to think and not be told what to think.  He's actually by stating the truth attacked a weapon that has been used to beat on the Church relentlessly for 40 years since Hochuth's Soviet backed play "the Deputy." 

The fact that bishop Williamson is a man of true authority and real natural power given to him by God scares the enemies of the Church.  That is why the media is being particularly careful not to actually air any real commentary by him.

Who would have ever thought that the only people who have been willing to truly defend the Church by attacking lies put against her would be Bishop Richard Williamson and Pope Paul VI? 

JPII cowtowed and Pope Benedict is showing a little more resolve by saying one thing and ignoring the demands of the unappeasable.