FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: "Witchcraft destroying the Catholic Church in Africa, experts say"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:Well, the demon was expelled from that little girl, Regan, even if both priests ended up killed. I wouldn't call it a defeat since the exorcism was completed and successful.
Well the one committed suicide. That's losing in my book.

JonathanCid Wrote:http://www.catholic.org/international/in...p?id=22994

Witchcraft destroying the Catholic Church in Africa, experts say

Witchcraft is destroying Newchurch.  The Catholic Church all but disappeared in 1970.  Folks like to throw out numbers like 1 billion Catholics.  Not.  There might be a million of us on the planet now.

Hey does that sound familiar.  I must be a Springtime denier.  Do you think they'll arrest me in Germany?
Bonifacio Wrote:
didishroom Wrote:Well not that priest from the movie-he lost.

Well, the demon was expelled from that little girl, Regan, even if both priests ended up killed. I wouldn't call it a defeat since the exorcism was completed and successful.

Actually, we find out in Legion, a sequel to The Exorcist and made into a movie: Exorcist III,  that Fr. Damien didn't die.  He survived the fall, remained possessed by Pazuzu, and was committed to an insane asylum.

But you are right that Regan was freed of the demon.

Scipio_a Wrote:
JonathanCid Wrote:http://www.catholic.org/international/in...p?id=22994

Witchcraft destroying the Catholic Church in Africa, experts say

Witchcraft is destroying Newchurch.  The Catholic Church all but disappeared in 1970.  Folks like to throw out numbers like 1 billion Catholics.  Not.  There might be a million of us on the planet now.

Hey does that sound familiar.  I must be a Springtime denier.  Do you think they'll arrest me in Germany?

Yes, and also in Los Angeles.
QuisUtDeus Wrote:Yes, and also in Los Angeles.

I don't think they have police in L.A. just Compton.
QuisUtDeus Wrote:
Bonifacio Wrote:

Well, the demon was expelled from that little girl, Regan, even if both priests ended up killed. I wouldn't call it a defeat since the exorcism was completed and successful.

Actually, we find out in Legion, a sequel to The Exorcist and made into a movie: Exorcist III,  that Fr. Damien didn't die. He survived the fall, remained possessed by Pazuzu, and was committed to an insane asylum.

I never saw the sequel to The Exorcist. Is it any good?

Also, I had the impression that Fr. Damien was administered the Last Rites as he died in the first movie.
didishroom Wrote:
Quote:Well, the demon was expelled from that little girl, Regan, even if both priests ended up killed. I wouldn't call it a defeat since the exorcism was completed and successful.
Well the one committed suicide. That's losing in my book.

He didn't commit suicide, he prevented the demon from hurting the girl with his body.

In real life, exorcists never do things like that. The movie was dramatic to good effect, and they actually do adhere to the Roman Ritual pretty well (except its in english), but the young priest should not have been there. He was not qualified at all to do this.
Bonifacio Wrote:
QuisUtDeus Wrote:
Bonifacio Wrote:

Actually, we find out in Legion, a sequel to The Exorcist and made into a movie: Exorcist III,  that Fr. Damien didn't die. He survived the fall, remained possessed by Pazuzu, and was committed to an insane asylum.

I never saw the sequel to The Exorcist. Is it any good?

Also, I had the impression that Fr. Damien was administered the Last Rites as he died in the first movie.

Sequels often try to capitalise on good movies. The Exorcist was a book, I suggest only watching what was originally intended by the author, instead of producers trying to swindle.
LaRoza Wrote:Sequels often try to capitalise on good movies. The Exorcist was a book, I suggest only watching what was originally intended by the author, instead of producers trying to swindle.

I never read the book.

You're correct about the producers' intentions, though. Good advice.
The book was excelent but I found the movie boring and tedious. I guess it got so hyped up for me and I just laughed at the special effects.

My math teacher knew William Peter Batey, who wrote the book, and she said he wished he never wrote it.
Pages: 1 2 3