FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: "Witchcraft destroying the Catholic Church in Africa, experts say"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Bonifacio Wrote:
LaRoza Wrote:Sequels often try to capitalise on good movies. The Exorcist was a book, I suggest only watching what was originally intended by the author, instead of producers trying to swindle.

I never read the book.

You're correct about the producers' intentions, though. Good advice.

Yes, I always stick by the original artist in most cases. It is too common for producers and studios to want to make sequal after sequal. I mean Blade was a pretty entertaining movie, but those sequals... It wasn't sequal matterial.

The world of exorcisms is fascinating to me, although quite real and dangerous. I wish more traditional art (books and movies) was made relating to those issues. Perhaps it would help more people to wake up to this frightening reality.

I have the "Exorcism of Emily Rose" DVD at home, I liked it.

Bonifacio Wrote:The world of exorcisms is fascinating to me, although quite real and dangerous. I wish more traditional art (books and movies) was made relating to those issues. Perhaps it would help the world to wake up to this frightening reality.

I have the "Exorcism of Emily Rose" DVD at home, I liked it.

Buy this for the best real work on the subject by people with experience:

(URL already altered to give money to forum):
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0...lfboutique

LaRoza Wrote:Buy this for the best real work on the subject by people with experience:

(URL already altered to give money to forum):
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0...lfboutique

Ah, Fr. Amorth's book, I've heard about it. I'll give it a look when I can. I admire real exorcists a lot; fighting Satan must be a fearful work.
Bonifacio Wrote:Ah, Fr. Amorth's book, I've heard about it. I'll give it a look when I can. I admire real exorcists a lot; fighting Satan must be a fearful work.

That book is the best work on the subject I've ever seen. It covers all the facets of exorcism with the experience of real people. The world is a scary place for those who stray from the Church.

The world is a scary and dangerous place for everyone, including those who stay within the fold, keeping the Faith.

Satanic possession can occur even to pious catholics.

didishroom Wrote:The book was excellent but I found the movie boring and tedious. I guess it got so hyped up for me and I just laughed at the special effects.

My math teacher knew William Peter Batey, who wrote the book, and she said he wished he never wrote it.

Why?  Was he disappointed in the film version and exploitation of the story, or did he have other regrets as to the book/films effects on society at large?

Also wasn't Batey a Maronite rite Catholic of Lebanese ancestry?

Bob
I am glad the article was written and published, though I agree that the wording concerning the "African worldview" suggests infection with the same disease they are speaking of, lack of real belief in the action of personal, evil spirits.

I had to study some West African myths and rituals once, at university, and what I learned brought and still brings shivers down my spine. The most striking thing was the statement by an anthropologist of Haitian and African religions that they believed that at the origin of their religion there was a massive serpent who actually lived with a certain tribe for ages and ages (and until relatively recently) and the people used the hissing sounds of this serpent (whom they worshippped as the intermediary between man and a sort of creator-God) to create a liturgy, a series of sounds and rhythms developed by the people in imitation of the noises of the serpent. This "liturgy" was said to be at the origins of African musical beats and rhythms, which finally made their way into the Western world in modern music.

Anyway, shivers.
Scipio_a Wrote:
QuisUtDeus Wrote:Yes, and also in Los Angeles.

I don't think they have police in L.A. just Compton.

Thats actually a typical stereotype. South Sac is more "ghetto" then Compton nowadays.

Actually, Fr. Amoroth said that exorcisms are not scary. Read the interview on Fisheaters website. I wish I could bring a few people I know to one...see if they are still faithless after that...
I got news for 'em, witchcraft is destroying the Church in America! All these feminist nuns running around, half or more of 'em practice "wicca" or some other neo-pagan trash.

Pages: 1 2 3