FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: How to wake up early - have recourse to the Morning Star
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Interesting.

I tend to sleep late and go to bed late now. However, if I have to get up for early mass or confession, I always ask Mary to wake me in time. I've never been late, and always am awake at the time I need to be ready.

luigi Wrote:Wake up early An introduction to the devout life By François de Sales: "[Image: books?id=d8kCAAAAQAAJ&pg=PA166&img=1&zoo...569&edge=1]"

Since I'm unemployed and am out of school and it is in the middle of winter, that sort of schedule won't work any more than any other.

In the summer and spring and autumn, I wake up with the birds.
It would seem that this problem could be solved with an alarm clock these days.
cgraye Wrote:It would seem that this problem could be solved with an alarm clock these days.

Modernism :)
cgraye Wrote:It would seem that this problem could be solved with an alarm clock these days.

I have at least two at all times, and I can sleep through both of them.  I doubt I could sleep through the BVM giving me a kick in the head. ;)
QuisUtDeus Wrote:

I have at least two at all times, and I can sleep through both of them.  I doubt I could sleep through the BVM giving me a kick in the head. ;)

When I sleep through my alarm, the lovely Mrs. Roamin' gives me a kick.  I don't need to bother Our Lady.
QuisUtDeus Wrote:   I doubt I could sleep through the BVM giving me a kick in the head. ;)
Yeah, it would take a kick in the head for me.
Or maybe if she banged on a frying pan, or blew off some dynamite or something simple like that.... 
Thanks Luigi!  Great link!

I changed my sleeping and waking habits about 2 years ago and it did me a world of good.  I used to go to bed around midnight-1am every night and  get up at 6 am during the week for work.  Weekends I'd be up till about 2am and wouldn't get my butt out of bed till noon.

Now, every night I'm in bed between 9-10pm and am up around 4:30am - 5:00am (including weekends).  I can't tell you how wonderful, peaceful and meditative the early morning can be.  I get my prayers, Mass, chores, etc. done before 8am.  Just in time for work.

Pages: 1 2 3 4