FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Left Wing of the Catholic Church Destroying the Faith Says Orthodox Rabbi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Could this be an example and sign of hope for genuine ecumenism?
(04-20-2009, 04:24 AM)JonW Wrote: [ -> ]Could this be an example and sign of hope for genuine ecumenism?

Maybe.  Of course, genuine ecumenism means telling the other side you think they're wrong while at the same time finding where you can agree and discern universal truths.  Telling someone they are wrong or that their religion is in error is a mortal sin in Liberal Catholicism, so it's not likely.
(04-19-2009, 09:22 PM)Lynn1959 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2009, 05:10 PM)didishroom Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't it funny when that when "the JEWS" get upset about Catholics it's just a bunch of culturally Jewish atheist Democrats, while the orthodox and strictly observant Jews come out in our defense?

When the ADL slammed Gibson for the Passion, Orthodox Rabbis praised the film.

When Pope Benedict brought back the Latin Mass, the "Jews" freake dout while Orthodox Rabbis praised it for it's clarity.

And now Orthodox Rabbis are supporting the pope and the SSPX.

Someone should tell Abe Foxman and Dennis Prager.

Thank you for noticing this. As an Orthodox Jew who sometimes lurks here, it has always disheartened me that so many leftist atheist Jews are seen as representatives of the Jewish community, when nothing could be further from the truth.

Morally we agree with Traditional Catholicism on so much, including issues such as modesty in dress and deportment.

Rabbi Yehuda Levin is a truly wonderful rabbi; I have known him for many years via the pro-life movement. I believe he has something like 14 (!) children.

All one has to do is ask yourself, when the media want the opinion of a "Catholic" on an issue who do they go to? Bishop Bruskewitz? A priest of the FSSP?
Noooooo... We all know who they ask - "Fr" McBrian,  Kmeic (sp?), "Fr." Reese, Hans Kung.... the same batch of leftist heretics. Therefore anyone on the outside of the Church, who doesn't pay attention (and that's most people) thinks these people represent the views of the Catholic Church.
If they do that to us, why would one not assume they do it to everyone else!
(04-20-2009, 06:15 AM)kjvail Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-19-2009, 09:22 PM)Lynn1959 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2009, 05:10 PM)didishroom Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't it funny when that when "the JEWS" get upset about Catholics it's just a bunch of culturally Jewish atheist Democrats, while the orthodox and strictly observant Jews come out in our defense?

When the ADL slammed Gibson for the Passion, Orthodox Rabbis praised the film.

When Pope Benedict brought back the Latin Mass, the "Jews" freake dout while Orthodox Rabbis praised it for it's clarity.

And now Orthodox Rabbis are supporting the pope and the SSPX.

Someone should tell Abe Foxman and Dennis Prager.

Thank you for noticing this. As an Orthodox Jew who sometimes lurks here, it has always disheartened me that so many leftist atheist Jews are seen as representatives of the Jewish community, when nothing could be further from the truth.

Morally we agree with Traditional Catholicism on so much, including issues such as modesty in dress and deportment.

Rabbi Yehuda Levin is a truly wonderful rabbi; I have known him for many years via the pro-life movement. I believe he has something like 14 (!) children.

All one has to do is ask yourself, when the media want the opinion of a "Catholic" on an issue who do they go to? Bishop Bruskewitz? A priest of the FSSP?
Noooooo... We all know who they ask - "Fr" McBrian,  Kmeic (sp?), "Fr." Reese, Hans Kung.... the same batch of leftist heretics. Therefore anyone on the outside of the Church, who doesn't pay attention (and that's most people) thinks these people represent the views of the Catholic Church.
If they do that to us, why would one not assume they do it to everyone else!

Be VERY careful. It's not "Fr" McBrien, its Fr. McBrien. Just because he is a heretic does not mean his priesthood is stripped. He can still celebrate the sacraments. I understand where you are coming from and how angry people like Fr. McBrien and Fr. Reese erode the faith. But to deny their priesthood is just plain Donatism.
Arius was a priest too.

Until arch heretics like O'Brien are stripped of their facilities -which should have happend long ago, in a just church - then they need to be called out. They are a disgrace to the priesthood, pure poison and get the disrespect they've earned. You, however, are free to show them that which they have not.
(04-20-2009, 02:13 PM)cunctas_haereses Wrote: [ -> ]Arius was a priest too.

Until arch heretics like O'Brien are stripped of their facilities -which should have happend long ago, in a just church - then they need to be called out. They are a disgrace to the priesthood, pure poison and get the disrespect they've earned. You, however, are free to show them that which they have not.

They should be called Father without quotes because we don't have the authority to take that title from them - we must respect the authority of the Church to determine who is a priest and who is not.

However, that does not mean we cannot refuse unlawful orders or to be a part of their heretical mindset.  If it makes one feel better, we can also certainly spit after we say their names.

But removal or granting of the priestly title belongs solely to the Church, not to us.
I dislike the word "conservative" as it seems inadequate, but I'll use it anyway. I've often thought about the fact that "conservative" Protestants and Jews, can see more eye to eye with us than lots of our brethren. It makes me wonder.
Perhaps an important thing to note is that the Rabbi is Orthodox.

To which you reply, no kidding...
but...
it makes all the difference.

Jewdaism has reached a parallel existence amongst itself in terms of liturgical practice.  Note that most individuals on this forum object to the liturgical nature of the church or its ecumenism, not the social teachings. 

The Rabbi's point is well taken - we must be reconciled, but we should take a page out of the Jewish book... allow both to exist mayhaps?
Pages: 1 2