FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Austrian bishops rap Vatican
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Arrogance that knows no limits

Quote:Austrian bishops rap Vatican for lack of consultation on bishop’s appointmentFebruary 17, 2009
http://www.catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=2010
The Austrian bishops yesterday issued a statement frankly critical of the Vatican on the lifting of the excommunications of the bishops of the Society of St. Pius X (SSPX) and the appointment of Father Gerhard Maria Wagner as an auxiliary bishop of the Linz diocese.
Who are these perpetual loosers with gutted churches to "rap" anybody?

Quote:The lifting of the excommunications, the statement emphasizes, does not mean that the SSPX bishops may automatically hold any office in the Church. Rather, they must respond to the Pope’s outstretched hand by accepting the Second Vatican Council

Austrian Bishops simultaneously attack the Pope and claim authority to speak for the Vatican. The Pope's hand is outstretched because he needs the loyal SSPX for support against the media-controlled Austrian Bishops.
Quote:[...]“The faithful rightly expect that the selection process, the assessment of proposals, and the final decision are carried out with care and pastoral sensitivity,” ...the bishops' statement called for the Vatican to name bishops "who are not 'against' but 'for' the local Church."

Austrian Bishops brag they have defended their Faithful against the Pope but when will they fight the enemies of the Church?

Quote:[...]Paul Zulehner, A theologian at the University of Vienna commented, “The seizure of power by the right-wingers has now failed, apparently through the clear intervention of several Austrian bishops.” He added, “I think people will now say: 'it is really good that Cardinal Schönborn has taken over the leadership of the Church again'."
So "right-wingers" like the SSPX, Father Wagner, and the Pope must bow before media-frontman Schönborn? Let us see what the SSPX will do about that.

columba Wrote:He added, “I think people will now say: 'it is really good that Cardinal Schönborn has taken over the leadership of the Church again'."
Wow! Cardinal Schönborn is now Pope! Who knew?
Personally, I think this is all well and good. The lines are finally being drawn.

[sniff, sniff]

Anyone smell a war brewing?
WanderingPenitent Wrote:Personally, I think this is all well and good. The lines are finally being drawn.

[sniff, sniff]

Which incense scent is appropriate for Holy War?
DarkKnight Wrote:
WanderingPenitent Wrote:Personally, I think this is all well and good. The lines are finally being drawn.

[sniff, sniff]

Which incense scent is appropriate for Holy War?

Napalm.

[sniff, sniff]

If appears that Bishop Gerhard Ludwig Mueller of Regensburg is firing back. Prayers for him!

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/apologia/vpost?id=3308921
I remember going into the last Conclave that Cardinal Schönborn was a front-runner. Poo t'ing, looks like he never got over not getting the Fisherman's Ring.