FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Rare moment. Politician speaks truth.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm in Scranton for those who don't know.

http://www.scrantontimes.com/articles/20...355296.txt

The Politician Wrote:Yes, scores of people are reportedly protesting and threatening to leave the church. In the end, however, people leaving the church because of a bishop who enforces its teachings are a blessing compared with the alternative: people leaving because bishops and their priests don't teach, much less enforce, those teachings
WOW!! A ray of hope.
Same gentleman who blasted the stimulus (porkulous) package on both National Review Online and CNBC..Go Rick...
matthew_talbot Wrote:Same gentleman who blasted the stimulus (porkulous) package on both National Review Online and CNBC..Go Rick...

I may have seen that video - the one where the stupid anchorladies get scared and start babbling about an imminent riot?
Still don't trust him, though.  Not since he backed the pro-choice Arlen Specter against the pro-life Catholic Pat Toomey.
rbjmartin Wrote:Still don't trust him, though.  Not since he backed the pro-choice Arlen Specter against the pro-life Catholic Pat Toomey.

He indeed needs our prayers. Perhaps a conversion is in progress..Love your avatar. DEO VINDICE!!!
lot of good, lot of bad; Santorum's a mixed bag: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Santorum

He does attend the Latin Mass, and often "speaks the truth" as it were.  he's got a lot of neo-conservative politics, but some good politics too... but religiously he seems pretty solid

I think his support for specter had a lot to do with him not thinking Pat Toomey would've had a chance in a general election to get in, so he'd rather keep the evil he knew how to work with than let someone in from the democrats who was even worse.  I don't agree with that strategy, but I understand it.
Aloysius Wrote:lot of good, lot of bad; Santorum's a mixed bag:

I'll agree that he is a mixed bag.  But I'm not sure what's in that bag, so I don't trust him.