FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Germany threatens Bishop Williamson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:Germany May Issue Arrest Warrant for Holocaust-Denying Bishophttp://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,501889,00.html BRUSSELS —  Germany is considering issuing an arrest warrant on hate crime charges against a Holocaust-denying bishop, the country's justice minister said Friday.
It is a crime to deny the Holocaust in Germany and in several other EU countries.
German Justice Minister Brigitte Zypries, speaking in the sidelines of EU justice ministers' talks in Brussels, said officials in her country were considering issuing an EU-wide warrant because the ultraconservative clergyman Richard Williamson denied the Holocaust during a Swedish television interview that was recorded in Germany. He lives in Britain.[...]
This sounds like an empty threat because H.E. has not denied the holocaust. His statements were obtained by ambush in an interview and he has not distributed any books or pamphlets on the topic. The establishment is frustrated because it cannot force H.E. to lie about his historical beliefs.

It depends on how the law defines "Holocaust Denial".

He would have been better off fleeing to the US to avoid the "EU-wide" warrant.
StevusMagnus Wrote:It depends on how the law defines "Holocaust Denial".

I'm not sure he is welcome under US immigration law.  He's a British subject, isn't he?
StevusMagnus Wrote:It depends on how the law defines "Holocaust Denial".

That is what I thought previously. Now after seeing how well H.E. handled the "apology," I think he came to Britain to call the German bluff.
spasiisochrani Wrote:I'm not sure he is welcome under US immigration law.  He's a British subject, isn't he?
He could apply for political asylum but he appears to be daring his enemies to risk making him into even more of a martyr. We will see who blinks first.
lets see z germans try!

up the lionheart!!!!!!

It looks like the Eurocrats have been making empty threats and Bishop Williamson is now free to travel throughout Europe.

Quote:http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,251...public_rss

A HOLOCAUST-denying bishop could face legal action in many European nations if he repeats claims about Nazi gas chambers as he visits them, EU Justice Commissioner Jacques Barrot warned.

However the bishop, Richard Williamson, remains free to move around the 27-nation European Union despite denying that Jews were killed in gas chambers.
Everybody is looking forward to H.E.'s world-wide speaking tour.

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/...id=3330698

Now there is nothing holding him back!
VIVA!!!
what does the law actually say? Does it say "you can't question peripheral facts around the event?" or does it say you can't say that less than six million Jews died as a deliberate result of a policy of Adolph Hitler?

I think that Bishop Williamson might have shot himself in the foot by saying on camera that he knows he just broke the law....

He can't plead ignorance or that his remarks don't apply.... but anyway, if anyone knows what the law says it might shed some light on the subject.
winoblue1 Wrote:He can't plead ignorance or that his remarks don't apply.... but anyway, if anyone knows what the law says it might shed some light on the subject.
Ignorance of the law is no excuse anyway but this "law" is an ass. The authorities convict isolated loners of thought-crimes but are probably loath to use the bogus laws against a beloved, well-spoken Bishop. They have been making treats to in hopes of chasing HE to the US or Australia. Any prosecutor that tries to convict Bp. Williamson will commit career suicide.
Pages: 1 2