FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Cardinal Mahony and the Tridentine Mass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://wdtprs.com/blog/2009/03/card-maho...tine-mass/

Looks like the good Cardinal has just offended Traditional Catholics and even Eastern Catholics/Orthodox for that matter.[Image: hoppingmad.gif]

I guess it didn't" instill the spirit of Christ" in the multitude of Saints it produced for 2000 years either, "Your Eminence." ..What an addle-brain.
He'll be 75 in a few years. I don't envy his replacement, what a mess he'll have to clean up.
Just another liberal who lives in a  dream world. They are dangerous when woken up.
How disappointing.
This is no surprise.
http://www.recongress.org/chat2007.htm

Notice how he makes it crystal clear for him that the Latin Mass is NOT "vibrant and inclusive"? As soon as I hear those two words, I get the heebiejeebies.

I'd also like to know how "we now know" St. Joseph was a young man? And that Pope Benedict said the burden is on the receiver of Holy Communion? Where are these things stated?

He's very good at deflecting questions with humor, too.

I love what Fr. Z. said:

"Imagine that a bishop, any bishop, might say things about a highly charged topic during a media interview.

Imagine that during Q&A he grossly mischaracterizes something dear and sacred to a group of people, something that touches on their very identity.  

Imagine that this imaginary bishop states, in the media, things which are clearly false, even contrary to the teachings of the Church in the Vatican Council and subsequent legislation of Popes. 

This imaginary bishop really believes his position to be true, but his statements – however sincerely believed – are deeply offensive to a interested group who have in the past been marginalized and mistreated."

Next question: will the Vatican call on Cardinal Mahoney to recant and apologize to those who support the TLM?

It IS all about money and politics, isn't it?

PaxVobiscum Wrote:It IS all about money and politics, isn't it?

Yes, in a way it is about that. Because of original sin, men are weak and tend to seek the glory of the world rather than the glory of God. Clergy and laity alike will try to be accepted by the world rather than rejected.

The hypocrisy in the "Williamson affair" only served to remind us that the Jews are still definitely in charge of things.
Barbarossa Wrote:Clergy and laity alike will try to be accepted by the world rather than rejected.

I heard a very good homily about this just today...but wait, I heard that homily at a Tridentine Mass, soooo, then it could not have had the authentic spirit of Christ present...I feel so cheated....
Ygnacia Wrote:
Barbarossa Wrote:Clergy and laity alike will try to be accepted by the world rather than rejected.

I heard a very good homily about this just today...but wait, I heard that homily at a Tridentine Mass, soooo, then it could not have had the authentic spirit of Christ present...I feel so cheated....

The only cheat here is H.E. Cardinal Mahony himself.
Pages: 1 2