FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Boston Catholic Hospital System May Start Doing Abortions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Boston, MA -- Abortion advocates have yet to re-introduce the radical Freedom of Choice Act in this Congressional session, but the effects of the pro-abortion bill are already taking hold. That's because one Catholic hospital in Boston has agreed to go back on its pro-life policies in a merger that ultimately promotes abortion.

Story at:  http://www.LifeNews.com/state3907.htm

My first reaction was similar to what happens I after I read most subject lines here: utter anger. But that subsided, and all I can feel is complete sorrow.
Does the diocese of Boston have any say in this? I mean, they can "control" what masses we can have, at a particular church right?
What about the hospitals?

Perhaps someone should charge them with murder - after all it's a Catholic hospital and it's pretty clear that Church teaching is that abortion = murder.
The Scripture says that you can't serve both God and money. It's painfully obvious which one this hospital has chosen to serve.
If they indeed do this, every Catholic worker at that hospital will have excommunicated themselves. And the bishop there needs to come out and say they are excommunicated and cut off all Catholic funds and urge all Catholics not to go there for treatment.
I think you are going to see a lot of compromising (dancing with the devil) in these areas.  Many Catholic hospitals dance around this issue. In my former hometown the abortions were done across the street and the hospital personnel sent the women there. The bishop knew. One doctor confronted him on this and the bishop told him to mind his own business and the doctor told the bishop to mind his.

Just as the pro-abortion murder politicians are allowed to continue to vote and promote and protect the killing of the unborn amidst the deafening silence of most bishops, these same bishops are going to cave in on the rest of the story here too.

Catholic medical personnel are going to have to figure out who they will follow--God or man.
Do we still call the people who have contributed to the hospital's decision human beings?
Prayers up for all the lost souls.  [Image: sad.gif]
juliee Wrote:Boston, MA -- Abortion advocates have yet to re-introduce the radical Freedom of Choice Act in this Congressional session, but the effects of the pro-abortion bill are already taking hold. That's because one Catholic hospital in Boston has agreed to go back on its pro-life policies in a merger that ultimately promotes abortion.

Story at:  http://www.LifeNews.com/state3907.htm

Anyone still want to argue that McCain would do this?
Pages: 1 2