FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Eucharistic Prayers for Masses with Children
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just read on another blog that there has been some movement on the new English translation of the NO Missal.  I've also read that the Eucharistic Prayers for Masses with Children section has been "delayed". 

I'm a recent convert into a parish which primarily celebrates the TLM.  I was never exposed to the NO Mass very much (some think that's a good thing).  I was curious as to what these Eucharistic Prayers for Masses with Children were since I've never heard of such a thing, so I Googled it and almost fell off my chair after reading them.

I'm trying my best to be charitable here, but really, are these "liturgies" serious?  This is baby-talk.  Would an adult priest, educated in fine Catholic universities, really speak like a 5 year old while offering up the Holy Sacrifice of Christ?

After reading these "Eucharistic Prayers" I'm dumbfounded and quite frankly, speechless. 

Any thoughts?
Well, you made me curious, so I googled it too, and thought, ummm.... okayyyyy...

Seriously! Just that he's saying Mass for children doesn't mean he has to talk like one!
AgnusDei1989 Wrote:Well, you made me curious, so I googled it too, and thought, ummm.... okayyyyy...

Seriously! Just that he's saying Mass for children doesn't mean he has to talk like one!

Exactly.  The whold idea of "dumbing down" the Mass for preschoolers is deeply offensive.  Children are not, by and large, stupid, and they know when they're being patronized.  It makes more sense to teach them, bit the meaning of the real liturgy. 
Which one is the real one?
cunctas_haereses Wrote:Which one is the real one?

Certainly not the children's one.  Actually, the Novus Ordo suffers from the same problem, to a lesser extent, especially in its current translation (as evidenced by the bishop of Erie's statements that the faithful are not capable of understanding "consubstantial" or figuring out what "dew" means). 

I'm a Byzantine Catholic, and I'm trying to imagine what a children's version of the Divine Liturgy of St. Basil the Great would be like.  On second thought, I don't want to think about it.
[/QUOTE]
I'm a Byzantine Catholic, and I'm trying to imagine what a children's version of the Divine Liturgy of St. Basil the Great would be like.  On second thought, I don't want to think about it.
[/QUOTE]
"Lordie, Lordie, Lordie. We want goodie."
Sorry, I also attend Byzantine liturgy.
The Holy See has dumped the kiddie Eucharistic Prayers. When the new Missal is finally issued in English, those prayers will not be part of it.
Yes, Benedict really does seem to be doing a lot of housework.
DrBombay Wrote:The Holy See has dumped the kiddie Eucharistic Prayers. When the new Missal is finally issued in English, those prayers will not be part of it.

That would be a good outcome.
didishroom Wrote:Yes, Benedict really does seem to be doing a lot of housework.

What? Father won't be offering Christ's cookie to kids at Communion, how will they ever feel that they are the church?[Image: jestera.gif]
Pages: 1 2