FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Holy Week Masses in NYC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone know of any parishes in Manhattan which will have the TLM during the Triduum? I know of several which have the TLM on Sundays, but most of them celebrate the NO, too.
Paul Wrote:Anyone know of any parishes in Manhattan which will have the TLM during the Triduum? I know of several which have the TLM on Sundays, but most of them celebrate the NO, too.

I live in NYC. In the past I've always had to go to the 'burbs for the Triduum, either to Pequannock (FSSP) or Ridgefield (SSPX). St Agnes has always had a TLM on Easter morning, and they do a shortened Tennebrae on Wednesday of Holy Week, but everything else is a "High Church" NO that week.

This year might be different, as Holy Innocents has proved very accommodating (they weren't doing the TLM last year), and Fr. Rutler is doing it now too, so maybe there will be something this year. It's still to early to tell, though.

If I hear of anything I'll post it.
kclaib Wrote:I live in NYC. In the past I've always had to go to the 'burbs for the Triduum, either to Pequannock (FSSP) or Ridgefield (SSPX).

As far as the SSPX is concerned, you're going to have to come out to Ridgefield if you want the full Holy Week from the SSPX. The pastor who serves the NYC chapel is also the pastor in Ridgefield.

Ridgefield gets priority for a number of reasons (i.e.: it's more stable, it's one minute from the priory vs.  +/- 1 1/2 hr, there's an actual physical church).

I would highly recommend making a visit! If you do come up, please contact me.
Thanks for the replies. Let me know if you hear of anything as it gets closer - I figured it might be a little early for churches to announce their schedules.

How long would it take to get to Pequannock by train?

We are lucky here in the Delaware Valley.  We have Mater Ecclesiae which has TLM 7 days a week. Check it out on the web.
Paul Wrote:Thanks for the replies. Let me know if you hear of anything as it gets closer - I figured it might be a little early for churches to announce their schedules.

I don't think there is one that gets close enough. There's a bus, but it's pretty much a rush hour thing as far as I know, but you could check with NJ Transit. I always drive when I go there. There are some people on this board who live out that way, so maybe they can give more information.

Paul Wrote:Thanks for the replies. Let me know if you hear of anything as it gets closer - I figured it might be a little early for churches to announce their schedules.

NJT Bus #194
http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0194.pdf

It's a one hour ride out of Port Authority.
The bus leaves you about two or three blocks from the church.

St. Agnes on 43rd & Lexington should have something. They have the TLM every Sunday. Epiphany on 2nd Avenue and 22nd Street has the TLM once a month. Not too sure about Brooklyn and Queens, but will check.
Holy Innocents has TLM on Lenten Wednesdays. (I am not sure if the Spy Wednesday will be done. I will find out).
Holy Rosary in Jersey City (PATH train from NYC) usually does TLM Good Friday. St. Agnes does Tenebrae on Spy Wednesday. Not sure anyone in NYC does Maundy Thursday or Holy Saturday/Easter Vigil.
Now that it's Palm Sunday, has anyone heard anything about TLMs this week? If not, does anyone know what the schedule at St. Agnes will be, or another parish that does a decent NO?
Pages: 1 2