FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: A very damning opinion of B16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
That the recent events involving Bishop Richard Williamson was engineered to bring disrepute upon the Catholic Church, and that B16 is an "Illuminati Christian Impersonator". Just wanted to share this, I don't really subscribe to the author's opinion. [Image: smile.gif]

http://www.henrymakow.com/the_role_of_th...istia.html

Also, more opinions regarding JP2, maybe some of you have read this before.

http://www.savethemales.ca/000338.html

Nutters.
Damning indeed. But this opinion damns whom?
If you fixate on one group being the source of the world's ills, you are going to see the hand of that group everywhere, even if you have to invent a causality.

Dr. Makow believes the Illuminati are in control, and they may be - I dunno, but it's clear he sees their hand in everything.  Others blame the Jesuits, the Freemasons, etc.

Really, as far as I have understood it, the goal of  secret socities has been the control of the Church, not the destruction of it.  The Church they see as "useful" if they control it to promote their nefarious ends.   So, I think he has it wrong from the get-go.  Groups like this don't want to destroy the Church, they want to own it.
prince_caspian Wrote:That the recent events involving Bishop Richard Williamson was engineered to bring disrepute upon the Catholic Church, and that B16 is an "Illuminati Christian Impersonator".
By the testimony of Bella Dodd, I think it is no stretch to conclude that many bishops are the pawns or dupes of hostile outsiders.

Bella Dodd Wrote:[T]he Catholic priesthood was infiltrated by numerous Communist agents, whose mission was "to destroy the Catholic Church from within."

http://www.catholiccitizens.org/platform...asp?c=7347
[url=http://www.catholiccitizens.org/platform/platformview.asp?c=7347][/url]

For me the verdict is not yet in on Pope Benedict since it appears he did a great things by freeing the Mass and remitting the excommunications. Makow is obviously not Catholic and lacks subtlety but parts of the article are chilling.

Henry Makow Wrote:"When the time comes finally to destroy the papal court...we shall come forward in the guise of its defenders...By this diversion we shall penetrate to its very bowels and be sure we shall never come out again until we have gnawed through the entire strength of this place."[...]

The Illuminati decided that it was better to take over the Catholic Church than attempt to destroy it.
One might think the Sedevacantists would have similar ideas and no doubt some do but Bishop Sanborn apparently thinks that Modernist leaders are just true believers with their own independent power base who dominate against all odds by shear force of will.

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/apologia/vpost?id=3352334
I'm sorry to say, I don't trust our pope.  He sold out the persecuted underground Catholics in China, telling them to submit to control by the communist run official Catholic Church, which rejects papal authority?!!!  Everybody is going overboard on Benedict XVI taking the shackles off the Tridentine Mass, of which he later condescendingly said he would 'tolerate' it.  The bishops of the SSPX are now expected to agree to all that Vatican II contains, this to be confirmed by appending their signatures to a document promising not to question any part of the Second Vatican Council.  The prophecy in Revelation has to come true at some point in time, so I find it interesting that some Catholics remain of the opinion that our present pope could never possibly be the person spoken of in St. John's vision, the one who prostitutes himself with the world.   This is the same pope who was the main adviser to Pope John Paul II, and it cannot be denied that some of the late pope's actions were highly questionable.  How much influence did our present Holy Father have on Pope John Paul?  I realise some may feel I am out of line, but it is an expression of my heartfelt concern for what I am witnessing taking place.
didishroom Wrote:Nutters.

ditto

Quote:I'm sorry to say, I don't trust our pope.
You're entitled to that. But also remember he is still the pope and deserves respect.

Quote:He sold out the persecuted underground Catholics in China, telling them to submit to control by the communist run official Catholic Church, which rejects papal authority?!!! 
I admit I don't know too much about this incident. I avoided Trad opinions on it, because sometimes they do go over board and I don't know enough to take one sided opinions.

Quote:Everybody is going overboard on Benedict XVI taking the shackles off the Tridentine Mass, of which he later condescendingly said he would 'tolerate' it.
Its your opinion that it was condescending. His reasons may mean something else in the original language they were published in. It wouldn't be the first time papal documents were misunderstood when converted to English.

As for the mass. He didn't have to do it. He knew the criticism he would get for it. He could have just retianed John Paul II's policy of 'tolerating' it as long as you had permission from the bishop. But he didn't. I don't think people fully understand the importance of having the pope give the priests and laity permission to actually disobey their bishop if he won't let them have the Latin Mass. He actually gave us permission to disobey! It is not merely an act of tolerance. John Paul II tolerated it. Benedict is promoting it. From his writings as Cardinal Ratzinger we already knew how critical he was of Paul VI's reforms and the abuses that followed. Pope Benedict has begun reforming the Pauline Missal to make it closer to the Latin Mass. He is wearing traditional vestments, distributing Communion on the tongue and in the kneeling positon and saying Mass facing East. The Latin Mass is popping up all over diocesesan chapels and religious orders all over the US. Even NO chapels are adapting more traditional settings for their altars and ridding of abuses. No, my friend. We should not be cynical at all for what Pope Benedict has done for the Traditionalist Movement. If he said he was just being 'tolerant' that that was only politics for the liberals. He has done already more than what was expected of him in this area. God bless this pope!

Quote:The bishops of the SSPX are now expected to agree to all that Vatican II contains, this to be confirmed by appending their signatures to a document promising not to question any part of the Second Vatican Council. 
Their founder signed the Vatican II documents, why shouldn't they? No one can prove that those documents are actually erronious. I've seen many Trad apologists reconcile them with Tradition as they were supposed to be from the beginning.

Quote:The prophecy in Revelation has to come true at some point in time, so I find it interesting that some Catholics remain of the opinion that our present pope could never possibly be the person spoken of in St. John's vision, the one who prostitutes himself with the world.
Private interpritation of the Bible is for protestants. Go join them if you are going to practice their ways and call the Holy Father a prostitute.

Quote:
This is the same pope who was the main adviser to Pope John Paul II, and it cannot be denied that some of the late pope's actions were highly questionable.  How much influence did our present Holy Father have on Pope John Paul?  I realise some may feel I am out of line, but it is an expression of my heartfelt concern for what I am witnessing taking place.
No one can actually prove how much influence he had over John Paul and what questionable actions he participated in. To think too much into it can lead to uncharitable rash judgment. Stop worrying and pray.
Quote:Private interpritation of the Bible is for protestants. Go join them if you are going to practice their ways and call the Holy Father a prostitute.

Did St. Augustine, and many other learned doctors, espouse Protestantism when they declared that the papacy would one day be the seat of anti-Christ?  Whoever it will be, he will not make it too obvious.  The Holy Father, by his writings and actions, has given me many reasons for concern.  I don't believe in putting absolute trust in any human being.  Every man can fall into mortal sin; popes and Apostles are no different, and Scriptural revelation declares it will happen, whether you like it or not.
Quote:Did St. Augustine, and many other learned doctors, espouse Protestantism when they declared that the papacy would one day be the seat of anti-Christ?  Whoever it will be, he will not make it too obvious.  The Holy Father, by his writings and actions, has given me many reasons for concern.  I don't believe in putting absolute trust in any human being.  Every man can fall into mortal sin; popes and Apostles are no different, and Scriptural revelation declares it will happen, whether you like it or not.

They were priests and bishops at least, not a layman with a computer.
I'm also curious as to whether or not they actually said the pope would be the anti-Christ. And even if they did, they didn't name which pope.
No one's asking you to put absolute trust in the pope. Its just not up to you to decide if he's not really the pope or anti-Christ or whatever else people cook up.

Pages: 1 2