FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Slaves of the Immaculate Heart and Fr. Feeney
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi everyone. Recently I signed up for a free issue of the Slaves of the Immaculate Heart's magazine. Wow. It is very good and I am definitely going to subscribe now. But I am curious: what do trads think of this order and of Fr. Feeney? Is this an orthodox order? I heard they were anti-semitic. Is this so?!
Are you talking about the magazine From the Housetops (which is, in my opinion, the best Catholic magazine)?

The order is not anti-semitic, some members of the order are regularized and some are not, and they and the laypeople involved with them are obsessed with being anti-NFP (I'm not sure why).

Yes, From The Housetops is it.

But would you ever advise a young Catholic for seeking a vocation from them?

2) Are they a trad order or an orthodox NO order?
BlessedKarl Wrote:Yes, From The Housetops is it.

The Slaves are a very traditional order.  They take the quote, "No Salvation outside the Church" literally.  No non-Catholic can be saved.
jacobhalo Wrote:They take the quote, "No Salvation outside the Church" literally.  No non-Catholic can be saved.

This is true. They take EENS so seriously that their logic ends up "un-canonizing" a number of Saints who were never Baptized (usually catechumans who were martyred).

Talk to any SSPX priest, they'll tear Fr. Feeney's logic to pieces.
Credo Wrote:This is true. They take EENS so seriously that their logic ends up "un-canonizing" a number of Saints who were never Baptized (usually catechumans who were martyred).

Talk to any SSPX priest, they'll tear Fr. Feeney's logic to pieces.

Instead of making baseless accusations, show me exactly which canonized Saints they said were not Saints, and where they said it. 
You will not find any proof that the Slaves of the Immaculate Heart or anyone involved with the St. Benedict Center deny the Sainthood of anyone canonized by the Church.
Yes, you are very right Erin and thank you for that.

As to Blessedkarl. The Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary(MICM) are in my opinion some of the best Catholics groups out there.

They are very traditional and very orthodox. They are not Sedevacantists. They only use the Latin Mass but they also recognize they have no authority to forbid Catholics from going to the NO. Their works and publications are very inspiring with none of this bemoaning and wailing about the crisis in the Church. So many Trad stuff depresses me. Theirs is uplifting and joyful, always emphasising why its great to be Catholic.

Unfortunately many Trad(if not most) for some reason tend to hate them. The SSPX has nasty and just plain untrue things about Fr. Feeney on their website. So many Trad periodicals will just randomly lash out at Fr. Feeney and call him and those in his Order to be heretics. They are not.

Fr. Feeney was censured in the 1940s and expelled from the Jesuits for disobedience. He received an official letter from Rome telling him he was excommunicated. In the 70s Pope Paul VI removed his censures. His Order has several branches and most of them have been regularized by the local bishops. Rome has delcared that Fr. Feeney, who was given a requiem mass in the cathedral of St. Paul by the bishop, died in the Church and that none of his spiritual 'children' are outside it.

They are not anti-semtic either. Isreal Cohen, who was baptized by the superior of one of the branches, will attest to that.

Here's their websites. Check them out yourself. Read their stuff.

http://catholicism.org/  (This branch of the Order is in Richmond, NH)

http://www.saintbenedict.com/ (This branch of the Order is in Still River, MA)

These two are the main branches.

http://sistersofstbenedictcenter.org/  ( A community of just MICM sisters whose chapel housed one of the official Indult TLM recognized by the Vatican)

http://www.abbey.org/  (While not MICM, the men involved in this abbey used to be and while no longer affiliated with Fr. Feeney's Order they still have great respect for him)

There is another branch in Vienne, Ohio and California but they don't have websites.

If you have any questions just ask.

Quote:
Yes, From The Housetops is it.

Yes, here's some info on joing their Order.
http://www.saintbenedict.com/the_order/m...ations.php

In my first post, you'll see I posted several links to the different branches. All of them are good. They all have the same mission(conversion of America) same methods(consecration to the Immaculate Heart as prescribed by St. Louis De Montfort) and have the same founder(Fr. Feeney).

Don't listen to that wikipedia article. It labeled the Richmond branch as a cult which was totally fabricated by the Southern Poverty Law Center, which considers them and 11 other traditonal Catholic orginazations as anti-semtic.
Pages: 1 2 3 4