FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Caritas Catholic Health System Will Refer for Abortions Not Do Them
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Caritas Catholic Health System Will Refer for Abortions Not Do Them

Boston, MA -- The Caritas Catholic health care system has been in the news lately for a controversy over a health insurance bid that could have resulted in doing abortions. Massachusetts state officials awarded the bid and now state authorities say it will not do abortions but will refer for them.

See http://www.LifeNews.com/state3938.html

It is still better that we have no hospitals at all than hospitals that refer for abortions. While relieved to a certain degree, I am disgusted.
Referring a patient for an abortion is just as bad. I don't know why they think the contrary.
in a certain sense, the statement is "we cannot morally perform the abortion here, but we cannot stop you from going somewhere else"... which is in and of itself not that wrong.  I should hope that "referral" includes some type of discouragement from them going somewhere else... but so long as they themselves are not doing the abortions, whether or not they "refer" them, they cannot stop people from going somewhere else to get it done.

I should like to see some type of official policy that any time they "refer" a woman to somewhere else, they must first give her a pamphlet on exactly where her baby is in the stages of development and give her a sonogram and tell her about the horrible aspects of abortion.  that would make this policy more tolerable, at least, as it would then be no different a policy than saying "we cannot legally stop you from going somewhere else"
In this day and age, not even offering referrals could jeopardize the hospital's license.

We can talk all day about how it would be better to close the hospitals, but we also have to look at the good that the hospitals can still do at the opposite end of a person's life.

We're going through this right now, there's any number of medical treatment that a 60-year-old friend of ours could have, but the doctors have simply decided to withhold care and she doesn't have any cancer, etc.

Two simple operations would radically improve her life but they've decided to not even give it a try.
Many Catholic hospitals are already doing this. It was certainly happening in the Catholic hospital run by the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth in my former diocese. One faithful doctor confronted the bishop on this practice of sending the abortions across the stree and the bishop told him to mind his own buisness and the doctor replied, "And, bishop, why don't you mind yours?"

I would rather see the hospital close or totally be turned over to the seculars than have abortions be performed or just 'sent across the street'.  This will not much happen; most will compromise with the world in this homicidal holocaust.
Like someone else said "John Gotti did not do hits, he just referred them."
Magdalene Wrote:Many Catholic hospitals are already doing this. It was certainly happening in the Catholic hospital run by the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth in my former diocese. One faithful doctor confronted the bishop on this practice of sending the abortions across the stree and the bishop told him to mind his own buisness and the doctor replied, "And, bishop, why don't you mind yours?"

I would rather see the hospital close or totally be turned over to the seculars than have abortions be performed or just 'sent across the street'.  This will not much happen; most will compromise with the world in this homicidal holocaust.

But we all know that this holocaust doesn't matter to the Bishops.
I've given up caring.  When God is mad enough to chastise the world I'll start worrying again about this stuff.  Frankly most of these people are apostates anyway and only misusing the brandname and logo.