FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: St. Patrick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
 Hello Group. I don,t Post often, but I have a thought on St. Patricks Day. I am not Irish, but Italian/Polish. As I celebrate today by eating corn beef and cabbage and watching some of the St Patricks Parade in NYC, would it be great if we celebrate all the saints days during the year like St Patricks Day. Learning about the saint and at least celebrating on part of that Saint's life. What a way to start moving back to the traditional ways of Catholicism.

Just a thought/idea. Maybe the current situation/crisis in the world, especially in the USA would get better.

Just passing this idea to the group.

Matt B. - NY
It'd be nice to see St. George's Day, for the patron saint of England, celebrated with equal fervour.
The Scandanavian in me is voting for St Olaf of Norway.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olav_II_of_Norway

On the other hand, it just doesn't have the same thing going as St Patrick's day. [Image: shamrock.gif][Image: beer2.gif][Image: shamrock.gif]
While it would be great to celebrate many of the saints' feast days with great fervour St. Patrick's, being that he is an Irishman, should be celebrated with the most fervour followed by the feast days for St. Finbarr, Saint Kilian, and St. Seachnaill.

[Image: beer2.gif]

I always thought we ought to have the Thanksgiving Day Parade moved to December 8th, to commemorate the Patroness of our country, the Immaculate Conception. In an ideal Catholic world...
NonSumDignus Wrote:I always thought we ought to have the Thanksgiving Day Parade moved to December 8th, to commemorate the Patroness of our country, the Immaculate Conception. In an ideal Catholic world...

First of all, let me make it clear that I can't stand "Tradition in Action".

That being said, they have an interesting article about the first Thanksgiving-like celebration in what now composes the United States, and it would be by a group of Spanish settlers on Ascension Thursday 1598 near El Paso, Texas.