FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Rabbis will allow the Pope to wear his Cross out of hospitality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.agensir.it/pls/sir/V2_S2DOC_B.quotidiano?tema=Quote_english&argomento+dettaglio&sezione=&data_ora17/03/2009&id_oggetto=169249

A statement just released reads:" the ambassador from isreal to the Holy See Mordechey Lewey beleives it necessary to clarify that on Pope Benedicts visit to the Holy Land the same procedure used during JPII's 2000 visit to the wailing wall will be used." "The isreali host will respect as a matter of course the religious symbols of the Pope and his entourage out of hospitality.

How nice of them.

What AMAZING kindness and generosity. They'll condescend to allow the Pope to wear his ornaments.

As if he wouldn't have done it anyway.
Remember when JPII stuck a prayer in the wall?

Benedict should stick a green scapular in there.
Or a crucifix...
I think the Pope should just yell "surprise!" once he gets there and begin to celebrate an impromptu Mass.
Gosh, that's so nice of them!  I should send them a thank you note. 

I'll get right on that.

Just as soon as I send my check to the Infernal Robbery Service.  Give, or take a century.

WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:Remember when JPII stuck a prayer in the wall?

[Image: laff.gif]

I'd prefer St. James' Cross.  Big and bold, is the name of the game.
Subtle is so yesterday.
QuisUtDeus Wrote:

[Image: laff.gif]

Obviously the Jewish community didn't think JPII's prayer jived with God.  They took it out of the Wall and placed it in a museum.  Would they do the same with this hypothetical scapular?
Pages: 1 2