FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Obama Offends Disabled With Crass Special Olympics Remark
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Washington, DC -- President Barack Obama has upset the pro-life community with his repeated actions to promote and force funding of abortion and embryonic stem cell research. Now, he has stuck his foot in his mouth with a comment offending the mentally and physically disabled.

Appearing on the Jay Leno program on Thursday evening, President Obama talked about his poor bowling skills and said he recently bowled a 129 game.

"That's very good, Mr. President," Leno responded sarcastically.

It's "like the Special Olympics or something," the president said.

Full story at: http://www.LifeNews.com/nat4931.html[url=http://www.LifeNews.com/nat4931.html][/url]
I don't think its a big deal. I just think its funny, because apparently only Republicans hate the poor and disabled.
The man is a clown. Granted, everyone is trying to sweep this under the carpet but this will bite the Chosen One in the [Image: censored.gif]   some day.
129 isn't that bad. My best score ever is only 144 and I go bowling about once a year.  Why should the President have any time for bowling?

129 means you hit the pins just about everytime (no gutters) and get at least one strike and two spares in a typical game.
Nice to know he has his prioritys
Menschliches, Allzumenschliches.
I am sick of the media. It wasn't a public address and it shows that this culture obsessed with feelings is artificial. Everyone is living up to an ideal which no one really wants to follow.
ggreg Wrote:129 isn't that bad. My best score ever is only 144 and I go bowling about once a year.  Why should the President have any time for bowling?

I know. I rarely do better than 129, although I only bowl about as often as you do. Special Olympics my ass.

The President should have time for recreation, just like anyone else. The British royal family has time for hunting and ascot races, after all. And before anyone mentions the f-word ("figurehead"), I point out that kings of all generations have had ample leisure time even during the age of absolutism.

And I believe Generalissimo Franco was an avid yacht sailorin his free time.
The comment itself isn't that shocking. While it was inconsiderate, it's a reference we've all probably heard at one time or another. What is annoying is that if President Bush had said the same thing the media would have gone bonkers. No such uproar because it came from the mouth of the Great, Illustrious King Obama.
Yeah, the Yahoo article on the incident spent more time talking about "Bushisms" than Obama. 
The honeymoon is almost over though.