FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Notre Dame U. Allows Pro-Abortion President Obama to Give Commencement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Notre Dame U. Allows Pro-Abortion President Obama to Give Commencement
South Bend, IN -- Leading pro-life Catholics are calling on Notre Dame University to rescind its invitation to pro-abortion President Barack Obama, who is slated to give the college's commencement address to graduation seniors on May 17. They say a Catholic college should not be giving a platform to an abortion advocate.

Joe Scheidler, a Notre Dame graduate and the founder of the Pro-Life Action League, is outraged that his alma mater would allow Obama to address graduates of what is supposed to be an institution of higher learning steeped in the Catholic traditions.

Full story at: http://www.LifeNews.com/state3962.html
Does anyone actually think ND is Catholic anymore?  Their defection from the Faith should have been evident when they allowed the Vagina Monolgues to air annually, and have allowed Richard McBrien to teach.
“The Catholic community and Catholic institutions should not honor those who act in defiance of our fundamental moral principles. They should not be given awards, honors or platforms which would suggest support for their actions.”-Catholics in Political Life, 2004 (USCCB)

I think the liberals only care about those USCCB documents they can cherry-pick to suit their positions (i.e. Faithful Citizenship).

MeaMaximaCulpa Wrote:
I think the liberals only care about those USCCB documents they can cherry-pick to suit their positions (i.e. Faithful Citizenship).

Hmmm... sounds like Protestantism to me...
MeaMaximaCulpa Wrote:“The Catholic community and Catholic institutions should not honor those who act in defiance of our fundamental moral principles. They should not be given awards, honors or platforms which would suggest support for their actions.”-Catholics in Political Life, 2004 (USCCB)

You can bet one of that illustrious conference will be sitting up there on the platform applauding along.
 A friend of mine just got back from the shrine in Hanceville and told me of this...I couldn't believe it.

She said the nuns were expecting their heads to roll ( seriously ) within the next 20 years - that's how bad they're reading things.
There are presently 86,000 names on the petition to stop this travesty. Mine included.

Put yours there too :  http://notredamescandal.com/

Incredible scandal. Notre Dame needs to be OFFICIALLY noted as no longer Catholic. And the president of that once proud Catholic institution should resign.

Call Fr David Tyson -Provencial of Notre Dame 1-574-631-6196
(Obama to give Notre Dame Commencement)