FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pro-Life Opposition Grows to Notre Dame Honoring Pro-Abortion Barack Obama
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
South Bend, IN -- The invitation pro-abortion President Barack Obama has received to give the commencement address at the University of Notre Dame has prompted a national outrage in the pro-life Catholic community. The college is drawing fierce criticism for giving the staunch abortion advocate an honorary degree.
After LifeNews.com reported on the news, the switchboards at Notre Dame rang off the hook and eventually the volume of calls became too much to handle. Full story, action alert, and more at: 
http://www.LifeNews.com/state3966.html
Already signed the petition and I encourage EVERYONE to sign.
What would Knute Rockne say if he were still alive?  Better yet, what would Our Lady say?
Very good petition - I signed it as well.

The high seat at the table is a place of honor and a keynote speaker at a College is a reflection of one they chose to honor.  A speaker in a forum or a debate would be possible even at a Catholic College but not in the role here.  Remember the Thomasian method would permit such a post when the conclusion on his views is hardly to be taken as an endorsement.  This does not fit that one bit.  President or not it is a horror to consider and is a clear reflection as to this college's views on things like abortion.

They are PRO-ABORTION pure and simple but they want you to forget about it.  They will use all sorts of Fr Drinan satanic justification to make the plea that it is okay and not related and thousands more Catholics will make the logical conclusion that abortion ain't so bad after all.

Behold their Patron saint

[Image: drinan_story_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg?imgmax=800]

I signed the petition and sent it out to other potential signers.

This is an outrage!  It saddens me to no end how far Notre Dame and other "Catholic" Universities in America have fallen - and this is just the icing on the cake!

Let every true Catholic and defender of the right to life sign this petition and continue to flood the University with so many calls that it is forced to action.  May the Lord be with us all during this endeavor.

One more thing off subject...

MitOS, your signature says "pro-Israel."  What does that mean?  If you are speaking about Eretz Zionist Israel, then please refer to my signature...

Nic Wrote:I signed the petition and sent it out to other potential signers.

This is an outrage!  It saddens me to no end how far Notre Dame and other "Catholic" Universities in America have fallen - and this is just the icing on the cake!

Let every true Catholic and defender of the right to life sign this petition and continue to flood the University with so many calls that it is forced to action.  May the Lord be with us all during this endeavor.

I signed the petition and sent an email to Jenkins, and forwarded the email to Bishop D'Arcy's secretary (the only email close to the bishop I could find).  I'm afraid it's a longshot, but that's out of my hands.