FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Miami TLM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Currently there is one parish offering the TLM on a regular basis, St Robert Bellarmine However, there are a few parishioners at St. Louis Catholic Church who would like to see the TLM at their parish. Is there anyone in the South Miami/Pincrest area that would be interested? Please e mail me or check out Miami Latin Mass Society
St. Philomena http://www.shrineofsaintphilomena.com/ offers the Traditional Latin Mass every day and 3 times on Sundays. The priest there, Fr. Timothy Hopkins, is great (wonderful confessor) Right in Miami, too. Some people say that the neighborhood is "iffy," but i have never had a problem.

Fr. Hopkins is a priest who felt called to spread devotion to St. Philomena. He is good friends with the SSPX and he is a staunch defender of tradition.
Also, in Davie (North of Hollywood, South of Ft. Lauderdale) has Our Lady of Victory Chapel at 4580 SW 65th Ave.  Phone is 954-344-3732.  Father Fox is wonderful.

I went to St. Robert Bellarmine for a little while.  Great Choir, Rosary in Latin before Mass, and Father Fishwycke is an engaging homilist.
Dear inillotempore and  matthew_talbot
Thank you for the information. However, niether of those two locations, the National Shrine of St. Philomena nor Our Lady of Victory Chapel seem to be affiliated with the Archdiocese. St. Robert Bellarmine is affiliated with the local Archdiocese but is not in South Miami, rather it is in NW Miami. Also, please re-read the post. I was asking if anyone was interested in promoting the TLM in the South Miami/Pinecrest area.

If either of the two, National Shrine of St. Philomena nor Our Lady of Victory Chapel, are SSPX chapels then this isn't the thread you need to post on.... Please respect that I am trying to help promote the TLM in parishes affiliated with the Archdiocese in the South Miami area. I will thank you to clarify your posts and avoid taking this thread in a different direction. I have several people in the area who are interested in promoting the TLM in a parish in South Miami/Pinecrest. Do you know of anyone who would be interested.
So what if they're not affiliated with the archdiocese? The archdiocese needs conversion; it supports the like of Janet Reno, sodomite choirs, homosexual ads in a seminary newsletter/magazine, homosexual priests are promoted as revealed by a former diocese based priest who blew the lid on the pastor of his parish, etc. I'd take Fr. Hopkins over this junk anyday. At one point, I believe the archbishop was rector of a seminary in New Orleans named aftrer our Lady, Notre Dame. However, due to widespread homosexuality, it is now dubbed "Notre Flame." Promote the TLM by supporting orthodox priests and organizations, not immoral churches and archdioceses such as Miami.
OLOMC Wrote:So what if they're not affiliated with the archdiocese? The archdiocese needs conversion; it supports the like of Janet Reno, sodomite choirs, homosexual ads in a seminary newsletter/magazine, homosexual priests are promoted as revealed by a former diocese based priest who blew the lid on the pastor of his parish, etc. I'd take Fr. Hopkins over this junk anyday. At one point, I believe the archbishop was rector of a seminary in New Orleans named aftrer our Lady, Notre Dame. However, due to widespread homosexuality, it is now dubbed "Notre Flame." Promote the TLM by supporting orthodox priests and organizations, not immoral churches and archdioceses such as Miami.

Exactly. I was going to recommend that the original poster PM Charlesh, who attends a Thuc line Traditional mission. But I guess not.
buckley121 Wrote:then this isn't the thread you need to post on....

you're quite right, and please forgive this second post of mine, master buckley.
OLOMC and Heinrich,  Don't get you nickers in a twist.
Why did you even bother posting on the thread? I have nothing against the Fr. Hopkins, I'd love to meet the man. I have nothing against the SSPX, I pray that they are quickly re-intergrated into the Church and was grateful to see the Holy Father lift the excommunications.

I also know that the Archdiocese is full of hetrodox "Catholics in name only"... But, I also know that it is also full of orthodox Catholics who love the true Catholic Faith and would love to see it emphasized rather than watered down. I don't want to get into a discussion about SSPX vs NO here in this thread because it is against the rules. There are a couple of people in the South Miami area that would like to promote the TLM in their parish instead of having to go to an independent chapel. Is that a problem?

inillotempore,
I was not trying to be confrontational and I apologize if I offended you. I just wanted to clarify the purpose of my post. I did thank you for your response and I appreciate your kind words regarding St. Robert Bellarmine.  Please keep me in your prayers.
Gee Buckley, I was trying to help out. I do not know Miami for anything other than the fact that Michael Keaton got 4 speeding tickets there: (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097235/)
Dr. Weitzman: Hey Billy, we gotta go. Are you sure you can drive this thing?
Billy: Are you kidding? I finished second at Daytona.

But anyway, did you ever stop to think that maybe some of the folks who attend the independent mission might be interested in helping you and returning to their neighborhood Church, which just may be located in your area?

Well, good luck.
Heinrich
Thank you for your help.
Pages: 1 2