FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Angels and Demons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I saw the latest trailer for this garbage and they keep mentioning yet again another 'cover up' by the Church. In the Da Vinci Code, the Church supposedly covered up that Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene. I was curious what the next blasphemous accusation was.
The cover-up is that the Pope died because the camerlengo murdered him after the Pope revealed that he was actually his father. Naturally, the Pope is is on the liberal side, and the camerlengo is on the conservative side. Would you expect anything else?

Oh, and I don't expect anyone on this forum is upset that I didn't use spoiler tags.
Whats the camerlengo? I thought that this film dealt with the evil Freemasons and even worse Illuminati.
Baskerville Wrote:Whats the camerlengo? I thought that this film dealt with the evil Freemasons and even worse Illuminati.

The camerlengo (Italian for "chamberlain") is the financial administrator of the Holy See and the acting head of state of the Vatican City during a sede vacante. He's supposed to hit a deceased Pope three times in the head with a silver mallet to ensure that he's dead. Cardinal Bertone is the current camerlengo.
The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
Baskerville Wrote:Whats the camerlengo? I thought that this film dealt with the evil Freemasons and even worse Illuminati.

The camerlengo (Italian for "chamberlain") is the financial administrator of the Holy See and the acting head of state of the Vatican City during a sede vacante. He's supposed to hit a deceased Pope three times in the head with a silver mallet to ensure that he's dead. Cardinal Bertone is the current camerlengo.
Ahh... thank you. And he is the murderer huh? Nifty. [Image: eyes.gif]
Which pope are we talking about?  If this isn't about a real pope, could it be considered as controversial or blasphemous as the first movie?
I read the book years ago.  I remember Brown goes out of his way to be offensive.  One particular scene that stands out is his particularly vulgar description of a Bernini sculpture of St. Teresa.  The man is a complete reprobate and deviant. 
Yes, one my Art History teachers actually entertained that theory in class and was laughing.
Am I the only one that thinks there's been a lot of Catholic bashing movies coming out?
The Camerlengo, Fr. Ventresca, finds out that he is the son of the Pope with a nun; of course, since they have both consecrated their lives to God, they cannot have sex, so they conceived him in vitro. When he finds out from the Pope's confessor, he goes crazy, and poisons the Pope. He comes up with an alter ego named 'Janus' who is supposedly the head of the Illuminati, and hires a Middle Eastern assassin to kill off some cardinals in an effort to show the world that the Illuminati mean business.

Then it is announced that the conclave that would elect the new pope would literally be blown sky high. Then, Fr. Ventresca has a stroke of genius, and discovers the location of the bomb (an antimatter bomb...) in the tomb of St. Peter. Fr. Ventresca and Langdon then climb aboard a helicopter and dispose of the bomb in the air with minutes to spare. When the dust settled, we see Fr. Ventresca next to the stature of Christ atop St. Peter's Basilica, and is acclaimed Pope.

Of course, Langdon eventually finds out the truth: Fr. Ventresca was a close-minded charlatan who was against scientific progress, and poisoned the Pope because of his perceived support of science over faith and morals. And the big reveal is that Fr. Ventresca himself was the pope's son. Overcome by grief and despair, he soaks himself in oil and burns himself to death before the horrified crowd gathered at St. Peter's.

Yes, it's pretty much all bull$hit.

Pages: 1 2