FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Clinton and Guadalupe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

By Brian Kelley

That any American should be ignorant of at least the basic fact concerning the image of Our Lady of Guadalupe, or at least what Catholics believe about it, is pathetic enough; but this woman is our Secretary of State.  How can you go on a diplomatic mission to Mexico and not know something about the Virgin of Guadalupe? I hope she never goes to the Vatican. She might ask who painted the Sistine Chapel.  Well, in any event, it was a grace for her — may she cooperate with it.   After leaving Mexico yesterday, Mrs. Clinton went the same night to Texas so she could receive the Eugenicist, I mean the Margaret Sanger Award, the highest award the baby killers of Planned Parenthood have to offer. I am sure Madame Secretary knows who Margaret Sanger is, being a Wellesley College grad.
Mexico City, Mexico, Mar 27, 2009 / 04:59 pm (CNA).- During her recent visit to Mexico, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton made an unexpected stop at the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe and left a bouquet of white flowers “on behalf of the American people,” after asking who painted the famous image.  More here.

Quote:U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton made an unexpected stop at the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe and left a bouquet of white flowers “on behalf of the American people,” after asking who painted the famous image.

I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or groan loudly in disgust. Is there a way I can do all at once?
From the Administration that will bring peace to Earth, and will make all nations love the USA again!
ditto @ Munda_cor_meum

She's Methodist. So I guess that excuses her ignorance, but she's a politician - so maybe it doesn't. Someone should have told her!
That's like saying the al Aqsa Mosque ("Dome of the Rock") was built by the Prudential insurance company.

There's no Methodist to her madness.
[quote='DarkKnight']That's like saying the al Aqsa Mosque ("Dome of the Rock") was built by the Prudential insurance company.

There's no Methodist to her madness.
[/

QUOTE]

[Image: rofl.gif]
Honestly, I wouldn't have known when I was a Protestant; it never came up at Sunday School, as you can imagine.  But Secretary Clinton should have been briefed on what she would be seeing.  Her staff let her look stupid in this case.  It's not in her job description to know about Catholic shrines but her staff should fill her in on the background of any place she visits.  At least she showed interest by asking who painted it.  I give her bad marks for accepting the Sanger award, though.
Munda_cor_meum Wrote:
Quote:U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton made an unexpected stop at the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe and left a bouquet of white flowers “on behalf of the American people,” after asking who painted the famous image.

I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or groan loudly in disgust. Is there a way I can do all at once?

Yeah by taking a good long look at our Secretary of State.
PaxVobiscum Wrote:Honestly, I wouldn't have known when I was a Protestant; it never came up at Sunday School, as you can imagine. But Secretary Clinton should have been briefed on what she would be seeing. Her staff let her look stupid in this case. It's not in her job description to know about Catholic shrines but her staff should fill her in on the background of any place she visits. At least she showed interest by asking who painted it. I give her bad marks for accepting the Sanger award, though.

I'll have to agree on this.  Then again, I was taught to always try to learn about the culture you are visiting, so that you don't make too big a fool of yourself.

I don't blame her for maybe not understanding Our Lady of Guadalupe. As a protestant I thought that there was just a special Church there, I had no idea of the story or Our Lady's Apparition (For some reason they never spoke about that at Sunday School or Bible Study...)

But I do agree with those who say her staff should have briefed Mrs. Clinton on this history.

How sadly ironic that she places flowers at the shrine of the Patroness of Unborn Children, then proceeds to accept an award from Planned Parenthood. I'm betting she didn't know that tidbit of info either.

Pages: 1 2