FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Fatima?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I am wondering do most people here think that the third secret of Fatima was revealed yet or not? I am just wondering because the whole thing has me perplexed.
Yes.
No, I do not think that the entirety of the third secret was reveled.
Fatima? Pssshhh.
I doubt that it was revealed. It most likely has something to do with the modern crisis. Or it could have just been "Lucia- you're shoe's untied!" or something stupidly simple.
Luke 8:17 Wrote:For there is not any thing secret that shall not be made manifest, nor hidden, that shall not be known and come abroad.
I do have an opinion, but I'm not going to share it.
The message of Fatima was more than the secrets. The third secret became mired in conspiracy theories long after its revelation. This happens a lot with these private revelations. I think it is the Devil's way of distracting from the rest of the message. If he can get us to bicker about the Pope and Bishops, and ignore the rest of the message, the message is lost.
So, for all those who wonder about the third secret, is it something you can fulfill? More importantly, have you done everything else asked in the visit?
Before anyone gets in a huff about my dismissal of the issue, I am not saying it is wrong to discuss it, only that it is important to not get lost in it.
Rosarium Wrote:
Luke 8:17 Wrote:For there is not any thing secret that shall not be made manifest, nor hidden, that shall not be known and come abroad.
I do have an opinion, but I'm not going to share it.
The message of Fatima was more than the secrets. The third secret became mired in conspiracy theories long after its revelation. This happens a lot with these private revelations. I think it is the Devil's way of distracting from the rest of the message. If he can get us to bicker about the Pope and Bishops, and ignore the rest of the message, the message is lost.
So, for all those who wonder about the third secret, is it something you can fulfill? More importantly, have you done everything else asked in the visit?
Before anyone gets in a huff about my dismissal of the issue, I am not saying it is wrong to discuss it, only that it is important to not get lost in it.
I agree with this for the most part but, DeMeistre is right in that the full secret has not been revealed at least thats my opinion which really doesn't account for diddly sqwat.
Quote:I agree with this for the most part but, DeMeistre is right in that the full secret has not been revealed at least thats my opinion which really doesn't account for diddly sqwat.

Like I said, I do have an opinion, but I don't think it is worth sharing (it isn't unique, many here have the same opinion and I'm sure it will be expressed many times as this thread goes).
I just wanted to point that out before people got too passionate. 
DrBombay Wrote:Yes.

Oh, come on, Doc. You can do better than that. [Image: laff.gif]

- Lisa

Baskerville Wrote:So I am wondering do most people here think that the third secret of Fatima was revealed yet or not? I am just wondering because the whole thing has me perplexed.

If you're perplexed, you have good reason to be. Don't expect to figure it all out. It is very complex and there are still too many loose ends. You should read Lucia's memoirs, it's very good reading and very rich in spiritual benefits. She's probably a saint, as are Jacinta and Francisco, and reading what she wrote is like reading the writings of the saints--full of clarity and light.

As far as the third part of the secret, the confusion and apostasy we're living through right now is part of it. The chastisement that is to come is part of it, too. If the Vatican ever releases the final words Our Lady spoke to Lucia and Jacinta on July 13, 1917, then the entire secret will be revealed, but don't hold your breath.

Rather than developing tunnel vision regarding the "Third Secret," and going on and on about atom bombs, it is much more important to actually embrace the message of Fatima at a personal level. It is also much more difficult and demands personal responsibility. Fulfilling your duties of state, penance, mortification, the spirit of sacrifice, complete confidence in Mary, the seriousness of eternity, the daily rosary, purity, consoling Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament--these and others are the themes that constantly come up in the Fatima message. They're also all things you can do now. In one of her memoirs, Lucia writes:

Quote:'Do not offend Our Lord and God anymore, because He is already so much offended!’ How loving a complaint, how tender a request! Who will grant me to make it echo through the whole world…
"The Whole Truth about Fatima" is an excellent commentary on Fatima. You can Google it. I've seen it online.
Pages: 1 2