FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Traditional Catholic Retreats 2009?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Does anyone have any information on traditional Catholic retreats this year?Strictly traditional - no Diocesan (no matter how orthodox) or NO retreats. Only TLM with traditional Priests.
I know FSSP has one in June (3 day Ignatian silent retreat) but was wanting to see what else is out there that may be closer (to AZ).

Thanks,

sspx.org has listed ignatian retreats for men at a couple of their retreat houses.  I have been thinking about making one up in CT.

good luck
The ones run by the SSPX are very intense. They have an almost military discipline to them. Don't sign-up if you're looking for a relaxing retreat (which is a legitimate thing to desire in a retreat, BTW).

One great thing about trad retreats is they are generally insanely cheap (as retreat - or even hotels rooms - go). In my neck of the woods, SSPX-run retreats are 50-75% cheaper than "Novus Ordo" ones of the same, or shorter, time spans.

inillotempore Wrote:I have been thinking about making one up in CT.

Credo is making a retreat there in July. If you go, PM me. I happen to work at that retreat house at an unrelated task and could show you around before the retreat starts.
I HIGHLY recommend Los Gatos!
Credo Wrote:The ones run by the SSPX are very intense. They have an almost military discipline to them. Don't sign-up if you're looking for a relaxing retreat (which is a legitimate thing to desire in a retreat, BTW).

One great thing about trad retreats is they are generally insanely cheap (as retreat - or even hotels rooms - go). In my neck of the woods, SSPX-run retreats are 50-75% cheaper than "Novus Ordo" ones of the same, or shorter, time spans.

inillotempore Wrote:I have been thinking about making one up in CT.

Credo is making a retreat there in July. If you go, PM me. I happen to work at that retreat house at an unrelated task and could show you around before the retreat starts.

what kind of work do you do?  and then check my signature!!!! 
inillotempore Wrote:what kind of work do you do?

Check your PM.
I'm going to the May retreat in Ridgefield. It's my second.
SSPX has 5-6 Retreat Centers during the Summer. I addition to the aforementioned Ridgefield location. There are also, Phoenix, Los Gatos (San Jose area) and occasionally The seminary in Winona. On occasion you see retreats in St. Marys, KS too.

If you are in the Northeast, another option might be the SSPX retreat house in Quebec. My wife, a veteran SSPX "retreater," described SSPX retreats as doing "spiritual abdominal-crunches," lol..an apt description.
"credo" Wrote:]The ones run by the SSPX are very intense. They have an almost military discipline to them. Don't sign-up if you're looking for a relaxing retreat (which is a legitimate thing to desire in a retreat, BTW). 

One great thing about trad retreats is they are generally insanely cheap (as retreat - or even hotels rooms - go). In my neck of the woods, SSPX-run retreats are 50-75% cheaper than "Novus Ordo" ones of the same, or shorter, time spans.

Credo, not sure if my PM went through - but do you care to elaborate on the military discipline comment? You got me curious.

Also, how in the world do you QUOTE someones post on the new forum? I had to cut and paste to do it...

Ruination_ipa Wrote:Also, how in the world do you QUOTE someones post on the new forum? I had to cut and paste to do it...
click on the pencil icon in the top write corner of the post you want to quote.
Pages: 1 2 3