FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Georgetown University Hid Religious Symbols at White House Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Georgetown University, a Catholic institution, covered up religious insignia symbolizing the name of Jesus during President Obama's address there Tuesday after the White House requested the change.

COWARDS, DENIERS, JUDAS! This is absolutely sick and unacceptable (as they claim the name Catholic -which they are not in reality!) Someone needs to tell the "White House" to stay away.
(04-16-2009, 04:47 PM)OldMan Wrote: [ -> ]Georgetown University, a Catholic institution, covered up religious insignia symbolizing the name of Jesus during President Obama's address there Tuesday after the White House requested the change.

COWARDS, DENIERS, JUDAS! This is absolutely sick and unacceptable (as they claim the name Catholic -which they are not in reality!) Someone needs to tell the "White House" to stay away.

Agreed!  Frankly, I'm not mad at Obama, we should expect as much.  I'm mad at Georgetown for going along with it.

What a load of garbage.
They were just doing the will of their savior...
The Church really needs a thorough examination of all its institutions of higher education so that dens of heterodoxy can be plainly labeled such. It is unfair to Catholic families sending their children to these schools that they claim the name of Catholic, while in reality teach anything but. The better part of the world's Catholic universities, seminaries, and theological institutes likely should have their status revoked.
(04-16-2009, 04:47 PM)OldMan Wrote: [ -> ]Georgetown University, a Catholic institution,

Well, it's Jesuit.  I'm not sure how Catholic any of the Jesuit institutions are.
http://www.catholicculture.org/commentar...fm?id=4976

communications strategy
Posted Apr. 16, 2009 1:14 PM || by Diogenes || category

Questioned about a lecture that President Obama delivered at Georgetown University this week, Father Tom Reese can scarcely contain his enthusiasm. "The audience wanted to cheer and cheer," he told the Washington Times. It was a "very professorial address" by the President, and even if he doesn't have academic credentials, Obama is "a damn good professor."

In case you're missing the thrust, Father Reese spells out his fundamental message: "There is great enthusiasm for Obama especially among Catholic young people."

Got that? Young Catholics love Obama. Or so says Tom Reese, whose qualifications to speak on behalf of young Catholics are nearly as impressive as the President's qualifications as a "very professorial" economist. The kids "were dying to get into the hall" when the President spoke.

Oh, and about that hall. A bit of unpleasantness arose when it came to light that Georgetown had covered up the name of Jesus, at the request of White House operatives, on the podium where Obama spoke. Father Reese saw no special significance in that gesture. It was just a matter of creating clean sight lines, he said. "They don't want distractions that would make the eye wander," he explained.

Why, again, was the name of Jesus hidden? "I don't think this is motivated by theology, but by communications strategy," Father Reese assures us. And you know what? He's right. Georgetown and the White House were united in the desire to communicate a message. A political message: a positive message about the President's economic program. Questions about theology-- about God, about Jesus Christ, whose Resurrection we celebrate this week-- never crossed their minds. There was important work to be done at the nation's oldest Catholic university, and we couldn't allow those enthusiastic students any to be distracted by the name of Jesus.

--------------
IF we deny Him; will He then deny knowing us???

Well why not their real messiah was coming to teach them. Their Jesuits they ceased being Christian 40 years ago anyway.
I wonder if Notre Dame will be as accommodating on May 17.
[size=10pt]Matthew 10:33 But he that shall deny me before men, I will also deny him before my Father who is in heaven.[/size]

(04-16-2009, 07:14 PM)Cyriacus Wrote: [ -> ]The Church really needs a thorough examination of all its institutions of higher education s...

Which church?  The Catholic or the Concilliar?  GU is a Concilliar institution and as such does not need to review!  Roman Protestants are free to do whatever it is they want just like any other prot.
Pages: 1 2 3