FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Four Years Later-Pope Benedict
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(04-18-2009, 08:24 AM)anthony Wrote: [ -> ]People who expect a pontiff like Pius X (in certain respects),

Eh, nowadays we need someone like Pope St. Pius V.  He cleaned house.  I am hopeful B16 has a big broom stashed in the Vatican coat closet
Benedict is more like a cleaning lady who helps out tremendously but won't move furniture to clean behind it.
(04-18-2009, 04:22 PM)didishroom Wrote: [ -> ]Benedict is more like a cleaning lady who helps out tremendously but won't move furniture to clean behind it.

A large portion of the US hierarchy will reach the age of retirement within the next five years.  I think the Pope is just a slow cleaner.
Here is verse 2 of a Ruthenian version of Immaculate Mary, sung to the tune of the Lourdes Hymn:

We pray for God's glory, may His kingdom come;
We pray for His Vicar, the Bishop of Rome.
Rejoice, rejoice, rejoice, O Mary;
Rejoice, rejoice, rejoice, O Mary.

Can't get much more "Papal loyalist" than that! Today this hymn is not sung in our churches. But I can sing it at home for Pope Benedict.
I love that hymn and those lines.
Love the hymn Harlequin King!

The Holy Father most certainly needs our prayers, that's for sure.  He is being attacked constantly from both outside and inside the Church and the true schismatics are being exposed as a result.

True, Benedict XVI is no St. Pius X, but by any objective standard he is the best Pope we've had since Pius XII.  He has the liberals running scared with Summorum Pontificum, the lifting of the SSPX excommunications, his comments about contraception in Africa and more besides.  It's easy to concentrate on the faults he still has, but we should of course be thankful.  Tradition is no longer out of sight and out of mind, and the liberals know it. 

God bless the Pope!!
(04-19-2009, 02:45 PM)CelticChristian Wrote: [ -> ]Love the hymn Harlequin King!

The Holy Father most certainly needs our prayers, that's for sure.  He is being attacked constantly from both outside and inside the Church and the true schismatics are being exposed as a result.

True, Benedict XVI is no St. Pius X, but by any objective standard he is the best Pope we've had since Pius XII.  He has the liberals running scared with Summorum Pontificum, the lifting of the SSPX excommunications, his comments about contraception in Africa and more besides.  It's easy to concentrate on the faults he still has, but we should of course be thankful.  Tradition is no longer out of sight and out of mind, and the liberals know it. 

God bless the Pope!!

Great post, CelticChristian.  Your last two sentences say what we need to remember.
Prayers for the Pope.  May his broom handle be long enough and his bristles strong enough to sweep modernity into the cosmic vault!
His Holiness, like most popes, has been a mixed bag so far...but I'm glad that he's done things like the repeal of the excommunications, and he seems to be a conservative pope overall...I pray for him almost every day, and I'm thankful that he's in the Chair.  ;D
Pages: 1 2