FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Best Pizza
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
I finally caught up on this thread. I cannot believe some of you are saying Texas barbecue is the best.

Well, to each his own, but I was raised on the stuff, having been born in Texas and raised there till I was almost 15, and I prefer the North Carolina-style pork barbecue.

Although I must admit it's been yeeeeears since I've had it ... Maybe that beef brisket with dark sauce would tickle my palate now.
(06-04-2009, 10:33 PM)Scipio_a Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2009, 11:06 AM)didishroom Wrote: [ -> ]At my first paycheck job I started out $7.00 an hour(mim wage was $6.75 but got an extra $.25 for working the kitchen) and within a year was making $8.00. Now I make $11.00 and I'm still broke.....

Dude, it never ends.  Almost does not matter what you earn.

It seems that the more you earn, the more you need, just to stay afloat.

You kids! When I got my first 'real' job when I graduated high shchool I got a State civil service job which, at that time, was not covered by the Federal minimum wage law (the Fed MW was $1.25). Kansas minimum wage was $.85, but I was making a princely $1.11/hr when I started, When I went full time a few months later, I got raised to $254.00/month and I thought I was rich.

Of course, I paid $50.00/mo rent, beer was 10 cents a glass or a quarter for a longneck and you could buy 13 'siver dollar size' hamburgers for a dollar!

Those were the days!
As a kid, I worked for my dad at his garage, working on cars.  I would earn about $10-$20 a week, depending on business. 
Of coarse, I was around 12 years old, so I wasn't spending much, except for junk food...  ;D
(06-04-2009, 10:51 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]You kids! When I got my first 'real' job when I graduated high shchool I got a State civil service job which, at that time, was not covered by the Federal minimum wage law (the Fed MW was $1.25). Kansas minimum wage was $.85, but I was making a princely $1.11/hr when I started, When I went full time a few months later, I got raised to $254.00/month and I thought I was rich.

Of course, I paid $50.00/mo rent, beer was 10 cents a glass or a quarter for a longneck and you could buy 13 'siver dollar size' hamburgers for a dollar!

Those were the days!

You should see the pay grade table my dad had in 1968-69 as an O-1 and O-2. ;D

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...451.0.html

And all that bought was some crappy pizza at the mess hall.  (Did he say Mess?)
(06-04-2009, 11:49 PM)Scipio_a Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-04-2009, 10:51 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]You kids! When I got my first 'real' job when I graduated high shchool I got a State civil service job which, at that time, was not covered by the Federal minimum wage law (the Fed MW was $1.25). Kansas minimum wage was $.85, but I was making a princely $1.11/hr when I started, When I went full time a few months later, I got raised to $254.00/month and I thought I was rich.

Those were the days!

You should see the pay grade table my dad had in 1968-69 as an O-1 and O-2. ;D

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...451.0.html

And all that bought was some crappy pizza at the mess hall.  (Did he say Mess?)

Didn't know any O table guys in those days, but I knew a lot of E-1s and E-2s and I know!
[url=http://"www.ilvicino.com/"]Il Vicino[/url] has he best pizza I've ever tasted.
(06-01-2009, 06:38 PM)JonW Wrote: [ -> ]As a Chicagoan and avid pizza fain, I would like your definitions of "pizzas that everyone says are the best" and "expensive". 

Oh I don't remember. The ones all the natives say are the best. Expensive is over twenty bucks for one friggen pizza.
Artichoke's in New York is pretty good, but I'm partial to NYC pizza anyway. I ate pizza when I lived near Chicago and wasn't terribly impressed, though I didn't try it all.
Imos, a St. Louis area chain. love the thin, cracker-style crust and tangy sauce. Their toasted ravioli is awesome too  :eats:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17