FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Best Pizza
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
(08-27-2010, 01:38 PM)timoose Wrote: [ -> ]In the beginning when the Almighty drew out the lines of the world he divided the world into four pizza's. The four divisions are Italy, Chicago, New York, and Kalifornia.  He blessed the Italians with the original and their best effort is the Margharita. He made the best in Chicago and he gave them an entire state of cows that make excellent cheese to choose from. New York while still baked in some places in coal ovens is only third best. Kalifornia is the worst after all of the commercial pizzas like Pizza Hut, Dominoes,  Shakeys, Papa Joes, etc. Frankly I think Kalifornia should not be allowed to have restaurant licenses.

Chicago pizza is divided into three types. Thin with good homemade cooked tomato sauce and real cheese and other toppings is the first. Next is pan pizza. This has a crust like a pie with out the top and filled with the same type of ingredients but more. Last is stuffed which is a real pie with a top it is where the twist of spinach was added. It is even better with sauteed red peppers, onions, and Italian sausages, especially if it has fennel. The boiled or raw vegetables are terrible and button mushrooms have no flavor unless sauteed, these are the heresies which came from Kalifornia. 

;Dtim :laughing:

Love it!!!
I'm glad you like. I'm trying to make others smile a little.
tim
The best pizza = the one I'm ordering now.
I had a Chicago diet-lite order out last night. A very thin crust sausage pizza with a juicy Italian Beef on crispy French bread with hot giadiniere. Ask Quis about Italian Beefs, he probably dreams about them.
tim
I've never understood why anyone would order thin-crust when deep-dish is available.
Walty, it's my age. That's how they started in 1954.  ;D
tim
(09-02-2010, 06:51 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]I've never understood why anyone would order thin-crust when deep-dish is available.

I don't like deep-dish. Too much sauce.
Too much sauce can be a problem, but thin-crust is equally problematic for its...um...thinness of crust.  I need some crust in there.  And I like a soft crust, and the thin-crust tends to be crispy.  So the only answer is to have a standard pan or hand-tossed crust.  Preferably injected with cheese.  I think most things in this world would be improved if they were injected with cheese, actually.
You have just demonstrated why Chicago has three, symbolic of the Trinity. Actually pizza here started in the late war years, and after the war it was really rolling, every neighborhood had several, all of them making thin crust in imitation of the Margharita. Gino's, Uno's, Due's, and Lou Malnatti invented the pan pizza. There is much controversy around who stole what from who. Malnatti claims he was the inventor, and his is the best. This stuff is really secret, and they won't say how they do it or what is in the pies, but it appears to my pallet that Malnatti is a slightly buttery crust. Where he blows the doors off all the rest is after the dough he fills the pie completely with sausage in a layer, then the spices, then the real Wisconsin cheese, then the home made tomato sauce. It's friday and this is too hard I want some sausage pizza now.
tim

next if you want Giordano invented the stuffed but Eduardo perfected it and makes the best.
(08-27-2010, 01:38 PM)timoose Wrote: [ -> ]Kalifornia is the worst after all of the commercial pizzas like Pizza Hut, Dominoes,  Shakeys, Papa Joes, etc. Frankly I think Kalifornia should not be allowed to have restaurant licenses.

;Dtim :laughing:

I was trying to respond to this before... and then the forum decided to crash for a few days.  :laughing:

While I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments on the corporate/franchised restaurants... should you happen to find yourself within the "friendly confines"  ;)  of Los Angeles, try Petrillo's Restaurant in the L.A. suburb of San Gabriel (not too far from the Mission founded by Bl. Junipero Serra, way back when).  As one commenter wrote in a review:
Quote:Outside of Chicago, Petrillo's is my favorite,

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17