FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: I just read this in the "The Dolorous Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Keep in mind this was written before 1824 was over.

It is about the descent of Christ into Hell (Limbo, Abraham's Bosom, Purgatory, etc)

Quote:The tremendous explosion of oaths, curses, cries of despair, and frightful exclamations which, like a clap of thunder, burst forth when the gates of Hell were thrown open by the angels, would be difficult even to imagine; our Lord spoke first to the soul of Judas, and the angels then compelled all the demons to acknowledge and adore Jesus. They would have infinitely preferred the most frightful torments to such a humiliation; but all were obliged to submit. Many were chained down in a circle which was placed round other circles. In the centre of Hell I saw a dark and horrible-looking abyss, and into this Lucifer was cast, after being first strongly secured with chains; thick clouds of sulphurous black smoke arose from its fearful depths, and enveloped his frightful form in the dismal folds, thus effectually concealing him from every beholder. God himself had decreed this; and I was likewise told, if I remember rightly that he will be unchained for a time fifty or sixty years before the year of Christ 2000. The dates of many other events were pointed out to me which I do not now remember; but a certain number of demons are to be let loose much earlier than Lucifer, in order to tempt men, and to serve as instruments of the divine vengeance. I should think that some must be loosened even in the present day, and others will be set free in a short time.

Considering this was written before 1824, this is remarkable. Of all the dates she saw, she remembered only this one and it just so happens to mark a time which we all know as causing much trouble for the Church.

Well it's been 47 years since the start of Vatican II.
Wow. That is terrifying. Does it go on to say what will happen after that, or offer any hope for we unfortunates who live in this time?
There have been many revelations regarding Satan being 'loosed on Earth' for a period of time. And it makes sense too!!
I have the DPOTC on Audio Book, Rosarium, excellent stuff! You can find it on Tans website.
(04-26-2009, 10:02 PM)ophelia Wrote: [ -> ]Wow. That is terrifying. Does it go on to say what will happen after that, or offer any hope for we unfortunates who live in this time?

Well, according to Our Lady of the Rosary at Fatima, the Immaculate Heart of Mary is our only hope. She is the only one who can save us. That is what she has said. For our times, God has willed that she will be our salvation if we have confidence in her. Blessed Jacinta, the youngest seer of Fatima, the one most inclined to do penance for the conversion of hell-bound people, used to love to say over and over, "O my Jesus, I love you! Sweet heart of Mary, be my salvation!"

Interestingly, Our Lady of Good Success, the apparitions of 17th century Ecuador that prophesied about our times, stated that when all seemed lost, she would very unexpectedly restore everything.

The fact that Vatican II began 38 years and not "40 or 50 years" before 2000 doesn't bother me. Vatican II only opened the floodgates of what had already been building up for some time. For example, the wholesale destruction of the Sacrifice had already been seeded by liturgical movements in the 30's.

Edited to add: By the way, we really don't have to lose hope, or panic, or anything drastic or nutty. The sky's not falling. It fell long ago in the garden of Eden. All we have to do is perform well our duties in life, keep the commandments, get to the sacraments when we can, and say the rosary every day. By the way, that's what Catholics have always had to do.
(04-26-2009, 10:02 PM)ophelia Wrote: [ -> ]Wow. That is terrifying. Does it go on to say what will happen after that, or offer any hope for we unfortunates who live in this time?

I don't know where I read this it was in one of Venerable Anna Catherines Emmerich's books "there will be an ecumenical one world Church that will except all creeds the blessed sacrament will be hidden the Mass will become a rarity and those who cling to the truth will be few in number but consoled by Christ." I read it in a TAN book about prophecies at a friends house. She is great she truly prophesied the coming dark ages of the "ecumenical one world Church" of Vatican II. Thankfuly our Holy Father has done some things to correct this debacle.

Well from waht I read Sister Emmerich told us to pray our Rosaries daily. And as Pdre Pio used to say "Pray hope and dont worry" Remember our lady of Fatima said "In the end my immaculate heart will triumph" So I don't worry to much eventualy the Church will be righted and all will be well.

The books were recorded by a third party, and she had to tell them by memory, so there is often times when she says "I don't remember much, but I do remember..." or she says "and his name was something like "Mikal" or "Michael"" (I'm making up those names, but she does that a lot) so what I posted was all that was written for that. It was a side thing, just one of the things out of many she happened to observe and remember. To her, it would not be a big deal, as to her that was a long time in the future and she happened to be in pain during this vision (visions of hell aren't normally pleasant).

(04-27-2009, 12:36 AM)charlesh Wrote: [ -> ]By the way, we really don't have to lose hope, or panic, or anything drastic or nutty. The sky's not falling. It fell long ago in the garden of Eden. All we have to do is perform well our duties in life, keep the commandments, get to the sacraments when we can, and say the rosary every day. By the way, that's what Catholics have always had to do.

Well said. A Catholic life is the only one worth living.
(04-27-2009, 06:31 PM)Melita Wrote: [ -> ]Well said. A Catholic life is the only one worth living.

On the contrary, a Catholic life is the only one worth dying.
Pages: 1 2