FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Oh really? HEADLINE - 'Pig flu stops God in tracks'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D97Q7E600&show_article=1

Johana Chavez, 22, said she showed up for her confirmation only to find a sign advising that all Masses, baptisms and confirmations were canceled until further notice.

"We are all Catholic so this is a big step, closing the cathedral," she said, cradling a squirming infant in her arms. "I guess I'll have to come back later."
-------------------------------------------
I'm having trouble not laughing.

Get used to closing the "cathedral", honey.  Sooner or later they'll run out of 'parishes' to close.

On a bright note the 3rd crusade is going as you all well know!
I don't really see this as a humorous situation.

The Mexican authorities view swine flu as something serious.

The Catholic Church in Mexico (well, the Bishop's office, at least) sees it a big enough deal to *not say Mass in public*.

And you're laughing at a girl who had her confirmation postponed?!
Scipio_a: Will you quit mocking the Church. It is tiresome.
Knock it off, Scipio.

Believers to the south are suffering in this moment. If it wasn't enough to deal with the extremely faith-trying situation of poverty, drug warlords running around everywhere, and a generally corrupt government, now our brothers in Mexico have to wrestle with this flu. As all signs are pointing to, this flu was itself probably engineered by the selfsame corrupt Mexican rulers or the American government.
(04-27-2009, 08:07 AM)Credo Wrote: [ -> ]As all signs are pointing to, this flu was itself probably engineered by the selfsame corrupt Mexican rulers or the American government.

Eh, the Spanish flu of 1918 spread to swine then to humans (started with birds, it is believed though), and in the 70's there was a swine flu outbreak in America.

The only engineered parts are the "cures" for it (the one in the 70's was more harmful than the flu itself).
(04-27-2009, 01:39 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: [ -> ]'Pig flu stops God in tracks'

Is that supposed to be a direct quote?  It's nowhere to be found in the article you posted.

If that's the case, why are you ascribing such a derogatory quotation to an otherwise well-written article?

St Roch, pray for us.
Ok, I'm getting really tired of how some of you seem to go after Scipio like a pack of bloodthirsty coyotes nearly any time he posts.  He is so not what you think.

Did you know that he's an ICU nurse?  He stays up all night for several nights in a row saving lives.  Do you really think he's so uncaring that he would mock sick people?

Scipio's point is that the cathedral was closed for the FLU, not ebola or the plague.  The only govt plot involved is the scare tactics being employed; and I'm sure they're more than happy that baptisms and confessions have been canceled.
(04-27-2009, 11:39 AM)Underdog Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I'm getting really tired of how some of you seem to go after Scipio like a pack of bloodthirsty coyotes nearly any time he posts.  He is so not what you think.
I'm getting tired of how some people on this forum will only post things which deny the Church.

Quote:Did you know that he's an ICU nurse?  He stays up all night for several nights in a row saving lives.  Do you really think he's so uncaring that he would mock sick people?
I think he's mocking the Church.

Now tell me, what is everyone else's background?

Quote:Scipio's point is that the cathedral was closed for the FLU, not ebola or the plague.  The only govt plot involved is the scare tactics being employed; and I'm sure they're more than happy that baptisms and confessions have been canceled.
Why is "cathedral" in quotes? Why is "parishes"? The denial of the Church'a authority is tiresome.

To paraphrase Apocalypse Now, "I love the sound of argument early in the morning, it reminds me of ...(choose your own word.)
tim the tired
Pages: 1 2 3