FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Papal Encyclical on Poor near
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/arti...QD97O5OBO3

So, this is an encyclical due in June or so on the poor...

Wasn't there an encyclical coming down the pipeline, supposedly any week now, that dealt with the support of the Motu ??

What's this?
There will supposedly be a document clarifying certain issues re: SP but it would come from the Congregation for Divine Worship, of which the Ecclesia Dei commission is now a part.  It wouldn't be an encyclical in any case. 
I just hope this encyclicle is carefully[i][/i] worded. If its too social justice oriented well be beaten over our heads with it by the "social justice saves" crowed for years.
(04-27-2009, 11:37 PM)Baskerville Wrote: [ -> ]I just hope this encyclicle is carefully[i][/i] worded. If its too social justice oriented well be beaten over our heads with it by the "social justice saves" crowed for years.

I was so pissed at how much time we spent on social justice in RCIA (two entire classes) and yet they never defined sin, mortal or otherwise, once.
This may be the third part of a "trilogy" on the theological virtues, which people have been anticipating.
ANother encyclical like Rerum Novarum? If only Popes spoke that clearly today..or QA of Pius XI..perhaps it will condemn that silent heresy from Talmudic/Protestantism the so-called "free market capitalism".....that has enraptured conservative and liberal Catholic alike....sorry Tom Woods!
It's likely to be an interesting read, but likely will be disappointing for those of you into theory.

This Pope has said numerous times, while vaguely blaming "greed" for the economic crisis, that "the Church does not provide economic solutions". That's not really true, but dont expect any proposal of distributism or social credit or condemnation of usury or specific points of neoliberal capitalism. This Pope simply doesnt believe that's the Church's role (though it clearly is).
(04-28-2009, 10:31 PM)7HolyCats Wrote: [ -> ]It's likely to be an interesting read, but likely will be disappointing for those of you into theory.

This Pope has said numerous times, while vaguely blaming "greed" for the economic crisis, that "the Church does not provide economic solutions". That's not really true, but dont expect any proposal of distributism or social credit or condemnation of usury or specific points of neoliberal capitalism. This Pope simply doesnt believe that's the Church's role (though it clearly is).
I am not looking foreward to it. There are far more pressing issues facing the Church today we already have Leo XIII's Rerum Novarum we need something in Encyclicle form about the Mass and have it enforced. I see this as being used to hit us trads over the head with social justice crap for years to come still it depends I'll have to read it but I am worried.
I don't doubt the pope's intentions or sincerities on this matter.
If Pope Leo's encyclical is just fine, then so is his SP. Why do you want another clarification? Third time's the charm?
(04-27-2009, 10:19 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]There will supposedly be a document clarifying certain issues re: SP but it would come from the Congregation for Divine Worship, of which the Ecclesia Dei commission is now a part.  It wouldn't be an encyclical in any case. 

I think you've answered my question/misunderstanding exactly. Thank you.

My misunderstanding.

I look forward to this document. Hopefully it's as specific as can be.