FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Need to give rosaries to a diocese, but how?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Remember that thread about my little problem about the rosary requests from a certain country? Well, I have been able to raise a lot of rosaries and I wish to give them to the people who need them in this area (even if it were a scam, there must have been a need for rosaries in the area). How should I go about doing this?

The easiest solution would be to send the rosaries (hundreds, probably) to the chancery with a letter of explanation and the area where I got the requests and let them handle it. However, I do not know if this would be proper. Should I send a letter detailing the situation and ask for instructions first? I can't see them refusing them though.

I would agree that is a good idea.

Contact the diocesan offices at first, and say you want to donate "X" amount of rosaries to the diocese, for distribution to the faithful.

I imagine they would give them out to the parishes in the diocese for distribution (easier that way).

But letting them know in advance is good.
Well, I'm glad you found the resources and are now ready to be the conduit. I have a high theological view and I believe which ever way you send them the folks that Our Lady wants to get them to will get them. Nothing happens by accident, pick whichever way you choose and rest assured that they will get into the right hands.
tim 
I'd contact the Chancery as well.  Smile
(04-28-2009, 08:15 PM)Joamy Wrote: [ -> ]I'd contact the Chancery as well.  Smile

I've never done that. Is there any particular person to whom this should be addressed?
(04-28-2009, 08:15 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2009, 08:15 PM)Joamy Wrote: [ -> ]I'd contact the Chancery as well.  Smile

I've never done that. Is there any particular person to whom this should be addressed?

You can send it to the Office of the Archbishop / Cardinal / Etc.  A secretary will open it and route it properly.