FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Catholic Cardinal Meets Obama: President Says He's Not Pro-Abortion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Washington, DC -- The president of the national conference of Catholic bishops recently elaborated further on the meeting he had in March with President Barack Obama. Cardinal George told a recent gathering of Catholic priests that Obama says he is not pro-abortion and will eventually work to reduce abortions.

See http://www.LifeNews.com/nat5001.html
Reducing abortions by supporting FOCA and eliminating conscience clauses?

That's like trying to reduce bank robberies by eliminating security systems at banks.
IF you believe that , I will sell you some bridge in NYC.
(04-28-2009, 04:18 PM)JCCMADD Wrote: [ -> ]IF you believe that , I will sell you some bridge in NYC.
or some scrap steel from the same town that is now unexplainedly in china---its about 8 years old
Yeah, he'll reduce abortions by handing out abortificant birth control pills.

What a load of double-speak.  Since he doesn't want to increase abortions, he is not "pro-abortion".  Well, he is not anti-abortion either since he doesn't want to do away with them completely.

Nothing new here, including the American bishops' backpedal when having to choose between Church teaching and politics.

EDIT for clarity: by "American bishops" I wasn't refering to Cdl. George.  I was referring to those bishops who are going to undoubtedly use this double-speak to morally "justify" Catholics voting for this guy.
the Wun, as reported by Cardinal George Wrote:[ I ] will eventually work to reduce abortions.

Huh? Eventually? Babies nowadays just don't cut it, we'll do it later?
(04-28-2009, 04:31 PM)ResiduumRevertetur Wrote: [ -> ]
the Wun, as reported by Cardinal George Wrote:[ I ] will eventually work to reduce abortions.

Yeah, but God doesn't let anyone slip through the cracks. Every little baby killed in abortion brings us one "tick-of-the-clock" closer to God's judgment.

Between May 23 and June 6, our parish will be erecting 4,000 white crosses on the church lawn which faces the main thoroughfare - and where there also happens to be a very, very long stop light. Each cross represents an aborted baby in the US ALONE - in 1 YEAR ALONE. I hope it sends a powerful message to everyone who drives by.

- Lisa
Obama just wants to be on everyone's good side.  The man has absolutely NO intestinal fortitude - he just wants to be loved by all as the "modern messiah" that he and many other folks thinks that he is...   Puke
(04-28-2009, 04:41 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2009, 04:31 PM)ResiduumRevertetur Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah, but God doesn't let anyone slip through the cracks. Every little baby killed in abortion brings us one "tick-of-the-clock" closer to God's judgment.

Between May 23 and June 6, our parish will be erecting 4,000 white crosses on the church lawn which faces the main thoroughfare - and where there also happens to be a very, very long stop light. Each cross represents an aborted baby in the US ALONE - in 1 YEAR ALONE. I hope it sends a powerful message to everyone who drives by.

- Lisa
I've driven by those before and the kids have asked what they're about. When I told them, the car got really quiet. My middle son in particular is sensitive to those types of representations. He got mad one night watching an EWTN show about abortion and the counter was clicking away one abortion after another that was happening during the program. He was horrified.
(04-28-2009, 04:24 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2009, 04:18 PM)JCCMADD Wrote: [ -> ]IF you believe that , I will sell you some bridge in NYC.
or some scrap steel from the same town that is now unexplainedly in china---its about 8 years old

And I have some ocean front property in Kansas to sell you as well.
Pages: 1 2 3