FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Traditonal Knights of Columbus?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Do any of your traditional chapels have their own chapter of the K of C?  Presumably the SSPX chapels would not, right?  How about your FSSP/ICRSS/Diocesean parishes?
Very good question.  I have wondered the same thing.  We have a new FSSP parish here but we haven't settled into a location of our own yet.  I'm hoping that when we are more established this sort of thing will happen.  It would be interesting to hear how this has worked out for others.
I don't know, but there were serveral knights acting as an honor guard of sorts at Easter Mass at the Church where my mother attends.  It is through the diocese.
lol. The traditional knights of columbus are called the Knights of Malta or some such group, and they're an actual order of chivalry, not a frat-club with silly hats.
:bubbles:
lol. No. I exaggerate, perhaps, but they are a thoroughly American group, if you know what I mean. I mean, the whole "knights" affectation is silly, really. And those big feathered hats...puh-leeze. And then to actually wear them to church??? For a real, medieval, order of chivalry...okay. That has context. But as just some American kitsch copy...it's almost like mocking the idea of real knighthood.
(05-01-2009, 12:08 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]Do any of your traditional chapels have their own chapter of the K of C?  Presumably the SSPX chapels would not, right?  How about your FSSP/ICRSS/Diocesean parishes?

Yes, the FSSP parish to which I technically belong (but am separated from it at the moment) has a good KoC group, who organised many events for all sorts of things, including right to life programs, protests against certain things (that movie a while back, Dogma, being one of them) and providing a good venue for the families of the parish to get together.

Their flair is a good thing, as it sets them apart. A dozen Knights can do a better protest than a 100 plebes :)
(05-01-2009, 03:08 PM)7HolyCats Wrote: [ -> ]lol. No. I exaggerate, perhaps, but they are a thoroughly American group, if you know what I mean. I mean, the whole "knights" affectation is silly, really. And those big feathered hats...puh-leeze. And then to actually wear them to church??? For a real, medieval, order of chivalry...okay. That has context. But as just some American kitsch copy...it's almost like mocking the idea of real knighthood.

What's better than being a knight?  A rook?
(05-01-2009, 03:18 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]What's better than being a knight?  A rook?

A bishop?

Having a men's group called the "Queens" may be a bit much though, although they could totally p(a)wn.
It's good to be the king!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12