FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Bp W Column, 5.2.09
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have never felt entirely comfortable around monarchists, by which I mean people for whom a return to kings and queens would solve a large part of our present democratic woes. I agree that bygone monarchies like those of England, France and Russia are great landscapes for a nostalgia trip, and that Cromwell, Robespierre and Lenin were treacherous pioneers of a ghastly New World Order. Nevertheless the nostalgia comes across to me as a distraction.

To continue reading:

http://dinoscopus.blogspot.com/2009/05/e...cient.html
(05-03-2009, 01:24 PM)dedalus28 Wrote: [ -> ][i]I have never felt entirely comfortable around monarchists, by which I mean people for whom a return to kings and queens would solve a large part of our present democratic woes.

Yes. I believe this is one of those simple traditionalist "solutions" to the present social and economic conditions. We need a conversion to Christ and his Church; not kings and queens (who would come from the same stock we get our politicians from).
Wow. I am in total agreement with Williamson's statement. (Never thought I would say that, though)
I'm always happy to see the Bishop talking about the arts and keeping the politics in check.

It's got me thinking though - how good a patron of the arts would a modern king be?!  Imagine the future King William financing exhibitions of Spice Girls memorabilia! Smile