FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Just getting this out here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My current relationship is currently on the rocks, primarily due to faith issues (I am/was currently dating a lapsed Protestant turned borderline atheist. At first, I was a recently baptized non-trad Catholic when first dating her, and the problems have swelled as nearly two years have gone by. We recently had "the talk"). So, just to get info out there, here's my stats:

Sex: Male

Age as of posting date: 20.

Birthdate: 01/06/1989

Patron Saint by Confirmation: Had a NO confirmation and they didn't believe in choosing patron saints, but I feel closest to St. Bernard of Clairvaux.

Number of children (e.g. born from: former valid marriage that ended in death of spouse; invalid marriage; rape; past sins, etc. No need to enter details here! Just list number of children you care for): None.

Would you relocate if you met the right person? After I finish school, which will be in two years, then absolutely. Location to me does not matter, but I'm a rural trees-and-mountains type person. Idaho, Montana, or Alaska would be my top favorites, but I'll ultimately go wherever my job opportunities take me.

EF, SSPX, both, or other? The more traditional and uncompromising, the better. That means SSPX would be preferable, as would SSPV and CMRI. I consider myself a sedeprivationist of sorts.

Novus Ordo if that's all there is? Nope.

Introvert or extravert? Introvert until you get close to me, after which I become the total opposite.

Keirsey personality type: I'm somewhere between Sanguine and Melancholic (I've ended up with the latter in tests, although I struggle with Sanguine-related sins more).

Ethnic heritage: British Isles mutt (Anglo-Irish and Scottish mostly) with German thrown in.

Is meeting someone of like ethnicity very important to you, just a bonus, or unimportant?  Not really. It would be nice to see someone with Celtic ethnicity, as I'm heavily into Scottish and Irish culture and music (I play bagpipes and all), but its not at all necessary.

Is there an ideal age range for the person you'd like to marry? How important is this? No older than 26 and no younger than 18, preferably.

In what manner do you interpret the Church's approval of NFP? No artificial contraception (pill, etc.) but rhythm method is okay. This was a MAJOR deal breaker, obviously, with my last/current relationship.

What would the headship of the husband look like in your idea home? I'm very willing to let my future wife have her say. I'm not one to start conflict, which can be a bit of a cause of trouble from time to time. I will also play a major role in helping my kids solidify their Catholic faith by means necessary, including providing a good example.

How do you feel about women working outside the home? If necessary, and if it is a true passion of the wife, I am okay. Kids should still be a real focus though.

How do you feel about women in pants? Fine with it, totally, but a skirt in church would be nice.

Of the seven deadly sins (pride, greed, gluttony, sloth, lust, anger, envy), which is the most challenging for you?  Pride and lust. I've been told that I'm very opinionated, and I've only recently gotten out of the compulsively sexual teenage phase, though I still struggle from time to time (nothing too bad)

What would others say are your annoying habits or bothersome attributes? Where to start?  I can be passive aggressive apparently, which I've recently come to fix when I've realized that being that way doesn't make a situation better. I've also been told that I'm way too quiet, which has also changed over the past year as well as I've learned to be less self-conscious.

What are the most important things you desire in a spouse?  Loving personality, love of the faith, willingness to not take oneself seriously too often, and, if possible, a sense of humor as strange as my own.

Things you absolutely would not tolerate in a potential spouse: Not Christian, unwilling to tolerate me as a traditional Catholic and refusal to raise children as such, extreme phobia or discomfort in any form of physical contact

What, if anything, have you learned from past relationships with the opposite sex? Like I mentioned earlier, a passive aggressive attitude towards big problems (in my case, two very different sets of values between the two of us) is a big one. Intimacy (whether technically fornication or not) prior to marriage is another one. Hoo boy.

Political ideals: Paleoconservative, being socially conservative and economically moderate. I'd compare it to the Red Tories in Canada.

Education: Going into Junior year at Whitworth University in Spokane, WA

Employment: None at the moment. I am currently looking for summer jobs.

Health: Good enough

Allergies: Zip

Smoke? Nope.

Drink? I do socially, and when legal. Getting drunk is highly overated, though

Night owl or morning lark? Night Owl, though I'm getting better at going to bed earlier.

How messy or disorganized are you? Rather disorganized, though I have a tendency to go into OCD-like fits now and then and do an anal job cleaning my room.

What makes you laugh? Slapstick, dark humor if done well, silliness, surreal humor

What are the little things that please or delight you? Hiking through the mountains in the early morning mist, the sight of a child praying on the altar rail after Mass, the sun shining through my window on a breezy spring day, squirming in ecstasy in my bed in anticipation of sleep after an extremely busy day

What would you like to be doing in 10 years ideally?  Either working with an archaeological team, or teaching history. Preferably overseas, but I can't see this as realistically happening. At some point in life, I'd like to work on a missionary trip, preferably in the Middle East or India, two areas of great interest to me, though I focus mostly on European History as my main major, especially the Crusades and Baroque periods.

Intellectual interests:  History (Medieval, 1600s-1900s, American, Canadian, British, Biblical, Arabic), Politics, Theology, Philosophy

Hobbies: Reading, Bagpiping, Singing ( as a baritone/2nd tenor in Men's Chorus at my school and in the schola at my church), Firearms, Hiking and Backpacking

Talents: Bagpiping mainly. I can also soak up historic info like a sponge apparently. I desperately want to learn to sing and shoot better.

Top 5 Favorite books of all time:  (Not counting the Bible), Introduction to a Devout Life, The Killer Angels, Orthodoxy, The Silmarillion, The Things They Carried

The last 5 books you read (don't lie!)[. Are these books typical of you?:  The Cousins Wars (concerning Anglo-American Conflicts and their similarities), Dream Quest of the Unknown Kadath (Lovecraft book, which is awesome despite his maltheistic views), The Stripping of the Altars (regarding the unnatural English Reformation), The Golden Child, Othello (both of these for class). Except for the final two which I was forced to read, and Lovecraft (who I love despite being downright disappointed and at times disgusted with his views), they reflect my interests fairly appropriately.

Music you actually listen to most often: Classical music (all eras, but Baroque and Late Romantic are near the top), Folk Music (Old-time and Celtic primarily), some of the better 60s rock, and religious and world music of all kinds

Favorite movies/TV shows: TV: House, Some Anime, Doctor Who, Anything by Werner Herzog, old movies in general (the sappier the better), Shawshank Redemption, classic war movies and westerns (preferably starring John Wayne or someone else thats unapologetically chauvinistic)

Favorite foods: Mexican, Chinese (especially Dim Sum), and Japanese

Serious pet peeves: Liberal "Catholics", Liberals who claim to be tolerant when in fact they persecute anyone who thinks differently than they do, Christians who don't swear and yet consider blasphemy (Oh my God, g*dda**it) not a big deal, People who are overly prudish, Disrespect towards parents, Rebellion for the sake of rebellion, fake people in general, condescending attitudes, and people who never leave the house

Pets you have, pets you desire, pets you'd put up with:  Could go for cats, dogs (preferably of the hound variety) or birds (Cockatoos make my life). Rodents I can do without.

Idea of a romantic evening:  a movie, followed by a brief walk on the top of a hill overlooking the city, followed by a sit down dinner, and hanging out in front of a fire at the very end, accidentally falling asleep on the same couch. As an alternative, going skeet and trap shooting followed by taking a boat ride out to see the sunset would also be sweet.

Here's my Facebook page if anyone wants to have a look-see:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1063140421&ref=name
Best of luck to ya.  Post's been read 128 times and no one's even said hello?  Shameful.  Fight the good fight, and you'll come out alright.
ja; good luck, at least they're not comparing you to produce!  :pazzo:
(06-11-2009, 01:01 AM)Ravenonthecross Wrote: [ -> ]ja; good luck, at least they're not comparing you to produce!  :pazzo:

That's not fair.  We weren't comparing you to produce, we said you were looking for produce :P

And I'm only a few weeks younger than the OP :P
still you're snarky, and feisty! :fish:
(06-11-2009, 01:32 AM)Ravenonthecross Wrote: [ -> ]still you're snarky, and feisty! :fish:

Expecting something different?

And quit  :fish: -ing me :P
(06-11-2009, 01:52 AM)Mrs_Spock Wrote: [ -> ]And quit  :fish: -ing me :P

This is a new linguistic issue. The use of images as verbs and inflected as such.

(06-11-2009, 02:01 AM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]

This is a new linguistic issue. The use of images as verbs and inflected as such.

If it bothers you, I can change it (use my words, as UPS_wife is constantly telling her kids).  But I prefer not to.
(06-11-2009, 02:03 AM)Mrs_Spock Wrote: [ -> ]

If it bothers you, I can change it (use my words, as UPS_wife is constantly telling her kids).  But I prefer not to.

No, it is just [Image: funny-pictures-interesting-cat.jpg]
(06-11-2009, 09:44 AM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2009, 02:03 AM)Mrs_Spock Wrote: [ -> ]

No, it is just [Image: funny-pictures-interesting-cat.jpg]

Ah.

That is one cute cat.
Pages: 1 2