FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Obama Admin Terrorism Dictionary Calls Pro-Life Advocates Violent, Racist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Washington, DC -- More details are emerging about a terrorism dictionary the administration of President Barack Obama put together in March. The newly-revealed document comes on the heels of a report the Department of Homeland Security send out saying pro-life advocates were right-wing extremists.

Full story and link to report at:
http://www.LifeNews.com/nat5019.html
Well... that whole patriot act thing, which btw I supported as a neoconservative back in high school, certainly has turned out to be a really bad idea and law now hasn't it?

I have to admit looking back the libertarians and liberals were rather right on that one. But in 2001 if the libs knew that right-wingers would in in the future be branded by the Federal government as terrorists they probably would of supported the patriot act.
I took a look at the Homeland Security report before, and I pointed out in that thread how absurd it is that the pro-life movement is associated not only with violence but racism and anti-semitism. Let's take a look at this report. Although the lifesite article points out one reference to the pro-life movement, there are no less than six references to the pro-life movement as extreme and violent in several subsections:

page 2
Quote:antiabortion extremism

A movement of groups or individuals who are virulently antiabortion and advocate violence against providers of abortion-related services, their employees, and their facilities. Some cite various racist and anti-Semitic beliefs to justify their criminal activities.

Take a look at that last sentence. "Some cite various racist and anti-Semitic beliefs to justify their criminal activities." Think about it for a moment. How could one possibly be motivated by racism to commit violence against abortion mills? It doesn't add up. White people of non-Jewish descent are among the least affected by abortion (though it is still quite significant) in this country. Abortion clinics overwhelmingly tend to be located in minority communities, and the largely secular American Jewish community has been friendly towards "reproductive health services" ever since Margaret Sanger distributed birth control information in Yiddish to target the Jews of New York.

If one were motivated by racism, or even by anti-Semitism, the logical progression is to support birth control and abortion. Indeed, Margaret Sanger and other early campaigners were explicitly driven by racism. This is terrible and this is shocking. Keep in mind that many Orthodox rabbis now are calling abortion another holocaust, because so many Jewish lives are being destroyed. Why aren't these abortionists called anti-semitic, or racist, who kill more black children, more Jews, more Hispanics, than our prisons could ever hope to execute? Than even police---if they were as malicious as some make them out to be---could beat into a pulp?

It does not follow! One cannot justify "anti-abortion extremism" through so-called racist ideology, unless perhaps one is an angry minority who has gone violent prevents doctors from killing his people. But, of course, such a thing would warrant no mention here as racist.

The word "virulently" also is worth mentioning. While it does in common parlance pass as a synonym for "vehemently," anyone with a Latin background can tell you that injuriousness or a poisonous character is essential to meaning, and so it remains in proper English. The report does not here describe any acts of violence, but a state of being. "who are virulently antiabortion" It is not the action that is identified as the danger, the virus, the poison against their beloved civil society, it is the fervency of our opposition. That we stand against it and oppose it and call it the chief societal evil, the grossest and most wanton murder in history, the collapse of our civilization---this is what they call the poison. This is what this report condemns. Anyone who doubts that this targets the whole pro-life movement and not just the couple of madmen who are murderers, who are not pro-life and who are not really antiabortion in any meaningful sense, should do no more than the consider the mind that wrote those words.

page 7
Quote:Phineas Priesthood

A Christian Identity doctrine derived from the Biblical story of Phinehas, which adherents interpret as justifying inter-racial killing. Followers of this belief system also have advocated martyrdom and violence against homosexuals, mixed-race couples, and abortion providers.

Weird fundies, it seems. I really have no idea, and I defer to others.

page 8
Quote:rightwing extremism

A movement of rightwing groups or individuals who can be broadly divided into those who are primarily
hate-oriented, and those who are mainly antigovernment and reject federal authority in favor of state or local authority. This term also may refer to rightwing extremist movements that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration.

Quote:single-issue extremist groups

Groups or individuals who focus on a single issue or cause—such as animal rights, environmental or anti-abortion extremism—and often employ criminal acts. Group members may be associated with more than one issue.

The key phrase here is "often employ criminal acts."
A "tolerant" has no room for strong opinions or convictions unless they are the tolerated view.  Rolling eyes
Can I call the "ObamaNation" the anti-Christs in return? Is that fair?
What no one wants to kiss the feet of Mulloch Obama? How intolerant. Frankly, the way his talking agents always ascribe racism to anybody who doesn't like the Obamination, makes me kinda wonder if race would be the only reason to be again' him, then apparently it must be the only reason to be for him as well!  Rolling eyes