FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: J.R.R. Tolkien's Newest Publication
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

The man has been dead for decades! When will he stop publishing!?

Have already bought and will read soon.
(05-10-2009, 11:54 PM)WanderingPenitent Wrote: [ -> ]The man has been dead for decades! When will he stop publishing!?
I don't think he will stop publishing any time soon. Especially since the movies came out, it is clear to his heirs that there is a lot of money in publishing his unknown writing. Can you blame them?
(05-11-2009, 06:50 AM)kingstowngalway Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-10-2009, 11:54 PM)WanderingPenitent Wrote: [ -> ]The man has been dead for decades! When will he stop publishing!?
I don't think he will stop publishing any time soon. Especially since the movies came out, it is clear to his heirs that there is a lot of money in publishing his unknown writing. Can you blame them?

Money or not, everything that keeps getting released seems to just further prove his genius and gives us more Tolkien.  I'm all for it. 

I began reading the new book the other night and I'm excited to continue.

The man himself, reading a poem in Quenya.
That recording is pretty cool!
WanderingPenitent Wrote:The man has been dead for decades! When will he stop publishing!?

We both know that Tolkien and Tupac Shakur are in Cuba, continuing their "postmortem" careers to the delight of devoted fans.
(05-11-2009, 07:17 PM)Credo Wrote: [ -> ]
WanderingPenitent Wrote:The man has been dead for decades! When will he stop publishing!?

We both know that Tolkien and Tupac Shakur are in Cuba, continuing their "postmortem" careers to the delight of devoted fans.

So where's Elvis...?
(05-11-2009, 07:18 PM)Melita Wrote: [ -> ]

So where's Elvis...?
For a moment I thought you asked, "Where's Elvish?" 
(05-11-2009, 07:26 PM)Miquelot Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-11-2009, 07:18 PM)Melita Wrote: [ -> ]

So where's Elvis...?
For a moment I thought you asked, "Where's Elvish?" 

LOL Maybe he's keeping the Elves company in Tol Eressea!
Pages: 1 2 3