FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Back!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone,

after a loooooooooooong period of absence I am again present among you. I don't know if anybody here among the "historical" members remembers me...!
Unfortunately I had to really study hard for the college, write the dissertation, and spend a wonderful semester last year in Madison WI (great city, very nice small College, weekly SSPX Mass, and one can get used to the -22 Celsius at midday after all  LOL)

I have now finished my degree (Political Sciences), going on with my master and also waiting for the tests as Allievo Maresciallo (Cadet NCO) Arma dei Carabinieri (Military Force with general Police duties) and as Auxiliary Second Lieutenant in our Air Force....

i really hope I can be a bit more present in the following months even if I do have other exams, those of the master, that require time and also the aforementioned tests must not be taken lightly (I need to train as I have always been a bit lazy but, to enter, there are also physical proofs, such as 1000 metres in 4 min 20 sec... 12 push ups, 1,20 metres high jump... etc)

God Bless
Ciao
Matteo
How could I forget a paesan?

Welcome back! Glad to hear things are going well for you. Smile
Congratulations with your degree, hope you do well in your upcoming exams. In bocca al lupo!
(05-26-2009, 04:35 AM)Melita Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations with your degree, hope you do well in your upcoming exams. In bocca al lupo!

Crepi il lupo! Big Grin

Thanks all for the greetings Smile
Hello
(05-26-2009, 04:06 AM)SemperTraditio Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone,

after a loooooooooooong period of absence I am again present among you. I don't know if anybody here among the "historical" members remembers me...!
Unfortunately I had to really study hard for the college, write the dissertation, and spend a wonderful semester last year in Madison WI (great city, very nice small College, weekly SSPX Mass, and one can get used to the -22 Celsius at midday after all  LOL)
In WI, they don't have temperatures in -22 Celsius. It is (about) -8 Fahrenheit Smile

Quote:I have now finished my degree (Political Sciences), going on with my master and also waiting for the tests as Allievo Maresciallo (Cadet NCO) Arma dei Carabinieri (Military Force with general Police duties) and as Auxiliary Second Lieutenant in our Air Force....
Good luck!

Quote:i really hope I can be a bit more present in the following months even if I do have other exams, those of the master, that require time and also the aforementioned tests must not be taken lightly (I need to train as I have always been a bit lazy but, to enter, there are also physical proofs, such as 1000 metres in 4 min 20 sec... 12 push ups, 1,20 metres high jump... etc)
Good luck with preparing for the tests. Those physical tests don't sound all that hard though (compared to other military tests). How much time do you have to prepare? If you work on your physical condition consistantly, it shouldn't be that much of a challenge.
Greetings, Matteo.  Tip o' the hat
(05-26-2009, 04:34 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-26-2009, 04:06 AM)SemperTraditio Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone,

In WI, they don't have temperatures in -22 Celsius. It is (about) -8 Fahrenheit Smile

Quote:I have now finished my degree (Political Sciences), going on with my master and also waiting for the tests as Allievo Maresciallo (Cadet NCO) Arma dei Carabinieri (Military Force with general Police duties) and as Auxiliary Second Lieutenant in our Air Force....
Good luck!

Quote:i really hope I can be a bit more present in the following months even if I do have other exams, those of the master, that require time and also the aforementioned tests must not be taken lightly (I need to train as I have always been a bit lazy but, to enter, there are also physical proofs, such as 1000 metres in 4 min 20 sec... 12 push ups, 1,20 metres high jump... etc)
Good luck with preparing for the tests. Those physical tests don't sound all that hard though (compared to other military tests). How much time do you have to prepare? If you work on your physical condition consistantly, it shouldn't be that much of a challenge.

No no, I know that °F are used, but I used to convert  them in °C so that I could get an idea of the actual temperature! Big Grin

As the tests, the NCO will be around Christmas, and the Lieutenant ones in... September perhaps!  Yesterday I ran 4 km in 30 minutes, for resistance and breathing. Tomorrow if I manage I'll try the kilometre again Wink
Here I am again...

So, small update for those that are interested.

Now I only miss two exams and the dissertation to get the master, so really I am near to the goal! Wink

Carabinieri: I passed the physical tests and most of the medical visits, apart from the psychiatrist. I went at the colloquim, but was too agitated, really terrible (I never had a talk with one of those and I was scared), so I got "non-contained performance anxiety" and sent away with PS coefficient 2 (Carabinieri, being a military polcie force, want candidates to have 1, the best, on a scale of 4).

Air Force: I did not pass the quizzes for 3 points (3 questions)  Rolling eyes

Coast Guard officer: I was 20th on 850 candidates from all over Italy I went at the visits. This time the psycologist gave me no problem as in the meantime I learned to stay calm and serene. The one that got me sent away was the hearing. I actually am hearing impaired, for 3000 Hz frequencies and beyond I have a hearing power bilateral loss of 30%. I have never known know that, the limit for them is anyhow 20% so bye bye. It cannot be cured, as it's congenital. Luckily for civil life it gives me no problem as there are no sounds that high. For the other two armed forces I can still try however as the limit is 40% if I am correct.

We will see if I can put a uniform on, even if only for 30 months..... Wink
Welcome again, Semper!

Congrats on the almost-masters.  I'll say a prayer to St. Mike that you get in uniform!  Pray
Pages: 1 2