FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Lady, 22, from Kansas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(06-12-2010, 10:34 AM)Servus_Maria Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2010, 09:04 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]No pic. No dowry.

Slim chances.

No manners. No tact.

Slim chances.

I couldn't care less.
(06-12-2010, 01:45 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-12-2010, 10:34 AM)Servus_Maria Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2010, 09:04 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]No pic. No dowry.

Slim chances.
No manners. No tact.

Slim chances.
I couldn't care less.
I think that may be the problem.
Leave the poor man be; he has spoken his mind before. I have apologised, as I hadn't seen his qualifications.  Remember folks there are ideals in the world worth living up to; and we here especially know and promote ideals in a great manner of many things.

He has already expressed that he believes dowry to be "ideal;" however that is not binding, as given current situation of this godless anti-Catholic and most "un-traditional" world we dwell in: it is not necessary. In times past it was helpful, however, as now most will not do so, it would be commonplace to expect that were, by God's favour, able to obtain a devout trad woman, dowry would most likely not be "in the picture" so to speak.
Umm... wasn't a dowry some kind of material wealth cache, such as money or valuable possessions or something, to be given to, or shared with, the husband?  I've always thought of it as a kind of tribute or something, and it just doesn't seem to have much importance given the social circumstances of today.

Now, on the other hand, maybe I'm just completely misunderstanding the nature of a dowry.
[Image: 127365889-8b39e0d7abf82e2f0ca1e2fd08cfe4...scaled.jpg]
Well, Pia: it doesn't show up on my computer; it has only the "broken image" symbol. ???
Whatever she posted is not posted.
Strange photograph. I admire [slightly] the gentleman's temerity; although, as honest as I am regarding my search for a spouse, I would never use the same "gall" the gentleman had.
It worked when I first posted it.  :shrug: I just thought it was funny. http://twitpic.com/23tw5d
Ahh.  I see.  Mu ultra-fundamentalist Christian web filter is blocking it.

Kewl.  The thing works so well. :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6