FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Benedict XVI meets 'Iron Lady' Margareth Thatcher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Camilla (Charles' wife, future royal consort) also wore a veil when she met with the Pope. So I think it's common protocol for all women who meet with the Holy Father.
(05-27-2009, 10:48 PM)Dauphin Wrote: [ -> ]... I heard it said she was the last real man to govern the U.K.  LOL
Amen to that. The rest of the fellas were shipped of to Van Deimans Land
Every time I see her I hear Elvis Costello singing "Tramp The Dirt Down" in my head. 
Yes, I've seen pictures of Laura Bush and Condaleeza Rice wearing the black veil as well.
(05-27-2009, 09:07 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]Background for the young'uns of the forum?

Background would take years to give.  Tim Pat Coogan has several really good books on "The Troubles."  (One by that name even.) 
mmmmmm
800 years of background to this really hard to put it all in here.
the maze=H blocks
First it was a blanket protest for political recognition which the lads had but the brits  took away. the iron maidon justified this by saying "crime is crime is crime" Though this position is pretty divorced from reality. What this meant was the brits tried to force the lads to wear convicts uniforms and be treated as criminals when they really were political prisoners or prisoners of war. Which they were covered by the Geneva convention. The iron maiden decided otherwise and nearly found death a few times because of her position. Obviously she was allowed to live so she may one day meet the Holy father. i see no other explanation. 
So rather then wearing there own uniforms and having control over the blocks they refused to wear anything because they were solders, volunteers not criminals. Basically only having a blanket. hence being "on the blanket". As this went on and on the  brits decided not to allow them to have slop out, meaning no washroom privileges so the lads had to smear the shit and piss on the walls of the cells. This went on and on for almost 5 years of years then on there own without consultation with the leadership they drew lots and one by one went on hunger strike. The leadership being a bunch of cowards were really scared by this but Adams the Traitor he is saw a good political opportunity. (thats another story) When one died another  Lad would take up the strike. Speaking about this is very difficult my hands tremble with rage, Its hard to explain, I was a young lad at the time. I was at Bobbies funeral. As almost every other catholic in the north it seemed was. One by one they died and this butcher just dined and sipped her tea. So the boys started killing those who worked in the maze the guards you name it. it got a bit nasty. but it always was.
The lads i speak of were the ten volunteers who starved to death in the maze. on the second Hunger strike.  the one that dealt mainly with the iron maiden. not all were the boys some were INLA, i think one was IPLO.
Bobby Sands is the most famous he lasted 76 days on hunger strike, he was elected M.P more people voted for him then for the iron maidon.
now the brits couldn't force feed them for legal reasons so tried to manipulate the mothers and families when a lad would slip into a coma to have them force fed. The bastards manipulating the families like this They have no shame!! . some say it worked some say it didn't.
After ten it was called of and a few days after the iron maiden gave in and accepted the lads as POWS. I cant begin to tell you how many young lads as soon as they could hold a rifle or throw a stone signed up to fight because of this Monster.
i hope her meeting with the Holy Father went well
Tiocfaidh Ar LA!
God knows how lucky she is.
Hope this helps.
sip sip
(05-28-2009, 08:54 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]mmmmmm
800 years of background to this really hard to put it all in here.
the maze=H blocks
First it was a blanket protest for political recognition which the lads had but the brits  took away. the iron maidon justified this by saying "crime is crime is crime" Though this position is pretty divorced from reality. What this meant was the brits tried to force the lads to wear convicts uniforms and be treated as criminals when they really were political prisoners or prisoners of war. Which they were covered by the Geneva convention. The iron maiden decided otherwise and nearly found death a few times because of her position. Obviously she was allowed to live so she may one day meet the Holy father. i see no other explanation. 
So rather then wearing there own uniforms and having control over the blocks they refused to wear anything because they were solders, volunteers not criminals. Basically only having a blanket. hence being "on the blanket". As this went on and on the  brits decided not to allow them to have slop out, meaning no washroom privileges so the lads had to smear the shit and piss on the walls of the cells. This went on and on for almost 5 years of years then on there own without consultation with the leadership they drew lots and one by one went on hunger strike. The leadership being a bunch of cowards were really scared by this but Adams the Traitor he is saw a good political opportunity. (thats another story) When one died another  Lad would take up the strike. Speaking about this is very difficult my hands tremble with rage, Its hard to explain, I was a young lad at the time. I was at Bobbies funeral. As almost every other catholic in the north it seemed was. One by one they died and this butcher just dined and sipped her tea. So the boys started killing those who worked in the maze the guards you name it. it got a bit nasty. but it always was.
The lads i speak of were the ten volunteers who starved to death in the maze. on the second Hunger strike.  the one that dealt mainly with the iron maiden. not all were the boys some were INLA, i think one was IPLO.
Bobby Sands is the most famous he lasted 76 days on hunger strike, he was elected M.P more people voted for him then for the iron maidon.
now the brits couldn't force feed them for legal reasons so tried to manipulate the mothers and families when a lad would slip into a coma to have them force fed. The bastards manipulating the families like this They have no shame!! . some say it worked some say it didn't.
After ten it was called of and a few days after the iron maiden gave in and accepted the lads as POWS. I cant begin to tell you how many young lads as soon as they could hold a rifle or throw a stone signed up to fight because of this Monster.
i hope her meeting with the Holy Father went well
Tiocfaidh Ar LA!
God knows how lucky she is.
Hope this helps.
sip sip

Insurgency and counter insurgency work is almost always nasty business for both sides...
to be honest if that monster was in front of me, even in her old ripe fat age i most likely would do something drastic.
even though ive always been a lover and not a fighter.
what can i ssay.
also for what its worth i believe the boys killed all the queens favorite horses in retrubution. it was ghastly but in the north us young lads were very proud
such is life
sip sip
All I can say is if I were the Holy Father I would have been tempted to punch the old hag!  Beat Up
I may be young but I've heard stories.    Grandpa My Republican uncle would have tried something with her......... like a car bomb.
Couldn't resist:

Maggie Thatcher -

This one takes the cake, though:

"And I'm sure that Mrs. Thatcher, when she goes down upon her knees with a mirror checking underneather her car every morning, remembers the terror she inflicted on Ireland."

Statement Aimed At Margaret Thatcher By The IRA -
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5