FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Benedict XVI meets 'Iron Lady' Margareth Thatcher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Sounds a lot like what Basques say about Franco! sip sip Smile
Thatcher is being rehabilitated in the British media (thanks to England's wholesale disillusionment with 'New' Labour, a la Brown?)...there have been several tv movies showing her favourably, and a film is planned (produced by the BBC and Pathe) about the Falklands War.
(05-29-2009, 04:54 AM)Melita Wrote: [ -> ]Thatcher is being rehabilitated in the British media (thanks to England's wholesale disillusionment with 'New' Labour, a la Brown?)...there have been several tv movies showing her favourably, and a film is planned (produced by the BBC and Pathe) about the Falklands War.

Yeah, we got the same going on here with her partner in crime, Reagan.
(05-28-2009, 01:48 AM)tonio5555 Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't meet with that butcher if she was sitting in my living room.

RIP Bobby Sands, MP

Bobbie Sands is not resting in peace.  He chose to kill himself by means of a 60-day hunger strike while in prison.  As far as any of us can tell, he is in hell.

The IRA were terrorists and murderers, and there was nothing Catholic about them.  Murdering English people with bombs does not make you Catholic. 

(05-27-2009, 08:42 PM)CatholicThurifer Wrote: [ -> ]Why do the non-Catholic women wear veils when they meet the pope? I thought only the Catholic ones did that.

It's protocol.  Even the wives of Soviet premiers used to wear a veil when they met the pope.
Ok, I'm pretty ignorant about her, so what did she do that was so horrible?
(05-29-2009, 07:20 AM)spasiisochrani Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-28-2009, 01:48 AM)tonio5555 Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't meet with that butcher if she was sitting in my living room.

RIP Bobby Sands, MP

Bobbie Sands is not resting in peace.  He chose to kill himself by means of a 60-day hunger strike while in prison.  As far as any of us can tell, he is in hell.

The IRA were terrorists and murderers, and there was nothing Catholic about them.  Murdering English people with bombs does not make you Catholic. 

What a ridiculous statement. The IRA were most certainly not terrorists and murders. They were waging a legitimate war on the British oppressors and their henchmen and cronies in the North, such as the RUC. They made a point of targeting military targets (police stations, barracks, soldiers, figures of authority, etc). The fight for freedom has been a long one, and its not over yet, but thanks to the IRA its seeing some success. Through the bullet and the ballot box Sinn Fein is gaining seats at the table.

They were the sole defenders of the Republican and Catholic populations in the Six Counties - the police aided and abetted both the British army and the loyalist terrorist gangs. The loyalists were the terrorists and murderers -they made a point of waging sectarian conflict. Look up the Shankill Butchers. The IRA were needed in the North. Who else to defend Catholic schoolgirls from piss bags and rocks? Who else to defend Churches and neighborhoods from loyalist murder gangs?
(05-29-2009, 08:20 AM)didishroom Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I'm pretty ignorant about her, so what did she do that was so horrible?

Thatcher is notable for the fact that it's very difficult to point to something that she did that was not horrible, either in design or consequence.  
(05-29-2009, 08:57 AM)franklinf Wrote: [ -> ]

RIP Bobby Sands, MP

What a ridiculous statement. The IRA were most certainly not terrorists and murders. They were waging a legitimate war on the British oppressors and their henchmen and cronies in the North, such as the RUC. They made a point of targeting military targets (police stations, barracks, soldiers, figures of authority, etc). The fight for freedom has been a long one, and its not over yet, but thanks to the IRA its seeing some success. Through the bullet and the ballot box Sinn Fein is gaining seats at the table.

They were the sole defenders of the Republican and Catholic populations in the Six Counties - the police aided and abetted both the British army and the loyalist terrorist gangs. The loyalists were the terrorists and murderers -they made a point of waging sectarian conflict. Look up the Shankill Butchers. The IRA were needed in the North. Who else to defend Catholic schoolgirls from piss bags and rocks? Who else to defend Churches and neighborhoods from loyalist murder gangs?

What part of setting off bombs in London - far from Ulster - isn't terrorism?
Two wrongs don't make a right.

The current Catechism sates, explicitly, " 1789 Some rules apply in every case:
- One may never do evil so that good may result from it; "

The Baltimore Catechism says, "68. Besides depriving the sinner of sanctifying grace, what else does mortal sin do to the soul?
Besides depriving the sinner of sanctifying grace, mortal sin makes the soul an enemy of God, takes away the merit of all its good actions, deprives it of the right to everlasting happiness in heaven, and makes it deserving of everlasting punishment in hell."

(05-29-2009, 10:57 AM)SoCalLocal Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-29-2009, 08:57 AM)franklinf Wrote: [ -> ]

RIP Bobby Sands, MP

What part of setting off bombs in London - far from Ulster - isn't terrorism?
Two wrongs don't make a right.

The current Catechism sates, explicitly, " 1789 Some rules apply in every case:
- One may never do evil so that good may result from it; "

The Baltimore Catechism says, "68. Besides depriving the sinner of sanctifying grace, what else does mortal sin do to the soul?
Besides depriving the sinner of sanctifying grace, mortal sin makes the soul an enemy of God, takes away the merit of all its good actions, deprives it of the right to everlasting happiness in heaven, and makes it deserving of everlasting punishment in hell."

Not all war is prohibited (Just war).

Also, London is very much involved in the issue. Geographical distance doesn't reduce culpability. Britain is the oppressor and the IRA are at war with the British government, who happens to rule the Six Counties in the North (NOT Ulster  - 3 counties of which are free).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5