FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Favorite Ecumenical Councils
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LIst your top five favorite Ecumenical Councils. I'll go first.

5. Florence
4. Vatican I
3. Trent
2. Constantinople I
1. Nicaea I
(06-06-2009, 05:37 AM)Resurrexi Wrote: [ -> ]LIst your top five favorite Ecumenical Councils.

Can't resist this!

5. Constantinople I
4. Lateran IV
3. Vatican I
2. Trent
1. Chalcedon
I think I know what everyone's worst would be.... Smile
(06-06-2009, 03:00 PM)didishroom Wrote: [ -> ]I think I know what everyone's worst would be.... Smile

I actually like Dei Verbum and Lumen Gentium quite a bit...

Tin Foil Hat
(06-06-2009, 10:58 PM)Resurrexi Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-06-2009, 03:00 PM)didishroom Wrote: [ -> ]I think I know what everyone's worst would be.... Smile

I actually like Dei Verbum and Lumen Gentium quite a bit...

Tin Foil Hat

yeah, I like Burger King too.
5. IV Lateran Council
4.The First Council of Ephesus
3. Nicaea II (Permission authorised for the utilisation of Icons within the Holy Catholic Church)
2. The FIRST Vatican Council
1. Trent

Well, Lateran V was a huge missed opportunity...
It was like a very epic, yet hugely "anti-climatic" council... :o
(06-07-2009, 12:56 AM)Ravenonthecross Wrote: [ -> ]5. IV Lateran Council
4.The First Council of Ephesus
3. Nicaea II (Permission authorised for the utilisation of Icons within the Holy Catholic Church)
2. The FIRST Vatican Council
1. Trent

I must say that your list is about dead-on with mine.  The Council of Trent, in my opinion, was the most important council in Church history due to the time it was held - a time that the Church could have been brought to her knees with a raging storm of heresy caused by the Protestant Revolt.  The Great Council of Trent was the answer to the so-called Protestant "Reformation," the Counter-Reformation.

In these modern times, when the Church truly has been brought to her knees by the onslaught of a more vicious heresy, modernism, we are in need of another re-defining council as Trent was.  A pseudo-"Pastoral" council let the wolves in, we need a true DOGMATIC Council to clear up the confusion - or otherwise a very strong reformist Pope who could issue powerful ex cathedra edicts against the errors of our times caused by the "spirit of Vatican II."
1. Jerusalem (Yes, I count the one in the New Testament).
2. Nicaea I
3. Trent
4. Lateran IV
5. Vatican I