FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Catholic Answers sues IRS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone seen or posted about this yet? If so, I'm sorry.

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2009/06/cna-catholic-answers-sues-irs-for-intimidation/

I didn't know that the IRS has been bullying churches, so this was an eye-opener for me. I hope CA wins.

I'm naturally suspicious of their motives.  They seem to beg for an awful lot of money to keep their operation afloat and always claim to be on the verge of folding so I'm wondering where they're getting the money to hire attorneys.  Granted, Keating is an attorney himself, but I'm sure they hired outside counsel. I also doubt they will have any luck at all suing the IRS. 
(06-06-2009, 02:37 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]I also doubt they will have any luck at all suing the IRS. 

Especially in the California - area federal courts.  If this is pursued, it is likely to end up in the Supreme Court.  It could be that CA has enough to send up a trial balloon (pun intended) to see if others join in the lawsuit and momentum is gained.  Usually, this type of tactic fails which is why other groups like the NRA don't do this anymore.  They pick their cases carefully so they have a chance of winning because when you lose, precedent is set, and it makes it harder for subsequent attempts to win.

In the end, he might just be jinxing anyone else with a better case.  Let's hope not.  I hope CA is victorious, actually.  I'm just kinda doubtful.
I did hear about this, (I get their emails), but I'm not sure how they can possibly win against the IRS.  Huh?
(06-06-2009, 02:32 PM)phnuggle Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone seen or posted about this yet? If so, I'm sorry.

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2009/06/cna-catholic-answers-sues-irs-for-intimidation/

I didn't know that the IRS has been bullying churches, so this was an eye-opener for me. I hope CA wins.

Apologies are unbecoming of a Fishie.

;-)
Quote: Apologies are unbecoming of a Fishie.

;-)

Sorry. ;D