FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Illuminati
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone. This afternoon my friend and I were having a conversation about the Illuminati. I told her that as far as I know the Illuminati sociaty formed in 1776 does not exist anymore. She told me I was wrong. Anyways, I was just looking for some information on the net and the first thing I came acroos was this

http://www.geocities.com/theawakeningnew...inati.html

Could anyone give me some information on this subject.

Thank you!
WHatever the Illuminati are or were, this link is obviously trash.
"The name �Illuminati� is one of many names given to this society. This is the name we use when we refer to them today, but they were previously known as the �Enlightened Ones�, �The Alumbrados� and the �Society of Jesus.� ... The true founder of the illuminati was a man by the name of Ignatius De Loyola."

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Try here:

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07661b.htm

I don't know and wouldn't know who to trust about whether they are still active. Masons are, so I am sure their way of thinking lives on in spirit if not in name.
(06-11-2009, 09:48 PM)maldon Wrote: [ -> ]WHatever the Illuminati are or were, this link is obviously trash.

of course! it is trash  Sticking tongue out at you
Your friend can say the Illuminati are still active if they want to, but you should ask them to prove this assertion, because there is *zero* (credible) evidence that that group:
a)Is still in existence or
b)Was particularly important or interesting enough to warrant the continued historical interest in them.

People can say what they want of course, but I'm not aware of a single credible historian who'd say that the Bavarian Illuminati to which you refer (founded in 1776)  still exist in any real sense. There are probably groups that fancy themselves the 'descendants' of the Bavarian Illuminati, at least philosophically, but they're most likely full of crap.

The original Bavarian Illuminati was founded by one Adam Weishaupt, a professor of Canon Law in Ingolstadt, Bavaria. There is no reason to believe this group existed past 1785, when they fought amongst themselves (as power seekers tend to do) and more or less fell apart.

Of course, nothing was to stop any of these former members to establish movements of their own, and some may have, but who cares really.

Bottom line, the original provable Bavarian Illuminati was nowhere near as powerful as the 'modern' fabled Illuminati of contemporary conspiracy theory, so why would we expect them to be so all-powerful now? Even the original paled in comparison to what people attribute to a global elite Illuminati nowadays.  LOL

That being said, there are most likely semi-secret (and possibly secret) movements or groups of highly wealthy or otherwise powerful individuals who do seek various agendas, e.g. The Bohemian Grove, Propaganda Due was a proven one!, The Council on Foreign Relations "fits the bill" in most respects to what you're talking about, even the Federal Reserve according to some (but not me).

Basically, I'm saying there's no reason to call them "The Illuminati" when there are groups we know exist that quite possibly do some nasty things (though are by no means as powerful as I hear the ostensible Illuminati are!).

Hope this helps reframe the discussion!
no nO No!!
not the illumanti!
Possessed Possessed Possessed Grandpa
sip sip
Thank you so much. Sometimes it is so frustrating to talk to some people. They just want to believe anything in order to satisfied their fantasies Rolling eyes
no what you mean lad.
sip sip
maldon Wrote:WHatever the Illuminati are or were, this link is obviously trash.

Ditto.

As a general rule, any treatment of a topic that is titled "The Real [insert topic]" is usually biased and of little use otherwise.
Speaking of secret organizations, I've recently heard that good ol' Rupert Murdoch was a member of those Bilderberg meetings.  Which is just perfect.  I wonder which parts of the media world are not vying to control our minds.  Thought Fox News was a nice sanctuary from the liberal media?  Guess again. 

Here's the link to what I've read lately: http://baltimorechronicle.com/2009/060109Lendman.html

Here's a tasty little excerpt:

Programming the Public Mind

According to sociologist Hadley Cantril in his 1967 book, The Human Dimension - Experiences in Policy Research:

Government "Psycho-political operations are propaganda campaigns designed to create perpetual tension and to manipulate different groups of people to accept the particular climate of opinion the CFR seeks to achieve in the world."

Canadian writer Ken Adachi (1929 - 1989) added:

"What most Americans believe to be 'Public Opinion' is in reality carefully crafted and scripted propaganda designed to elicit a desired behavioral response from the public."

And noted Australian academic and activist Alex Carey (1922 - 1988) explained the three most important 20th century developments - "The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy."

Web of Control

Numerous think tanks, foundations, the major media, and other key organizations are staffed with CFR members. Most of its life-members also belong to the TC and Bilderberg Group, operate secretly, and wield enormous power over US and world affairs.

I believe Murdoch's association with the Bilderberg meetings helps to explain why all Fox affiliated radio hosts (such as Hannity or Levin or John Gibson) tend to hang up on people or mock people who endorse Ron Paul or try to discuss the Bilderbergs or the Trilateral Commission. 

Even good ol' boys like Shephard Smith are against independent thinkers, such as we who believe Obama is not even a citizen.  Read the latest folks?  http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=100732

Ah well, no matter.  Actually, it's a shame, though funny, that WorldNetDaily had to do an attack piece on Shephard Smith to coincide with his attack on people suspicious of Obama's citizenship. 

Good times.  Can't trust anything but God in this tent of an existence. 
Pages: 1 2